Special Delivery to CHC

Old Jul 26th 2012, 1:36 am
Forum Regular

trinny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Special Delivery to CHC

Hi, new to the forum, but have been lurking for quite some time while we have been going through the immigration process.

Anyway, sent our RPRF to CHC yesterday by special delivery but now in a flat spin as the track and trace result says they were unable to deliver - this has happened twice today (7:28 and 11:30) so don't really know what to think.

Has anyone had a similar problem or is it just my luck that today's postman can't find anyone to accept delivery. I have already spoken to the Post Office and they say they can arrange redelivery, but is this going to be a recurring problem?

Thanks.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 3:19 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice
Default Re: Special Delivery to CHC

Originally Posted by trinny
Hi, new to the forum, but have been lurking for quite some time while we have been going through the immigration process.

Anyway, sent our RPRF to CHC yesterday by special delivery but now in a flat spin as the track and trace result says they were unable to deliver - this has happened twice today (7:28 and 11:30) so don't really know what to think.

Has anyone had a similar problem or is it just my luck that today's postman can't find anyone to accept delivery. I have already spoken to the Post Office and they say they can arrange redelivery, but is this going to be a recurring problem?

Thanks.
Hi, The only reason that I can think of is that your item was delayed because of the Olympics? Ie: traffic etc. I know its quite bad up there. Royal Mail did say on there website last week that they will not guarantee any of there special delivery services being there on the guaranteed date due to the Olympics. The only other reason is the item is damaged or label defaced or no one at the building to accept delivery. Did you use the right address?
Old Jul 26th 2012, 3:26 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

The RPRF should have been sent to : High Commission of Canada, Immigration and Medical Services Division, Macdonald House, 38 Grosvenor Square, London, W1K 4AA
Old Jul 26th 2012, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

Hi, thanks for replying.

They said they attempted delivery twice and there was no answer - stupidly because I ran from the bank straight to the post office, I forgot to put a senders address on the envelope so they say that it will have to go to Belfast after the 18 day wait period, should delivery fail again. I just can't see the CHC sending someone out to get it or rearrange delivery!

I have rearranged delivery for Monday so am just hoping it will get there! And yes, it was sent to that address - its probably a ploy to raise my blood pressure!
Old Jul 26th 2012, 3:34 am
B.E.Enthusiast

Originally Posted by trinny
Hi, thanks for replying.

They said they attempted delivery twice and there was no answer - stupidly because I ran from the bank straight to the post office, I forgot to put a senders address on the envelope so they say that it will have to go to Belfast after the 18 day wait period, should delivery fail again. I just can't see the CHC sending someone out to get it or rearrange delivery!

I have rearranged delivery for Monday so am just hoping it will get there! And yes, it was sent to that address - its probably a ploy to raise my blood pressure!
There is a drop off box at the building and there was a security guard there accepting and signing for post when we visited London Visa office. Maybe he has been absent and there has been no relief security guard. It should get there ok. Hope this lowers your blood pressure now
Old Jul 26th 2012, 3:36 am
Forum Regular

I hope so - the stress is horrific! Thanks again vettemaster, really appreciate you responding.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 3:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

If your documents are mailed to us Special Delivery, you will be able to track your envelope at all times by using the Royal Mail Trace and Track service. If you send your documents Recorded Delivery, your envelope can be traced once it has been delivered. In both cases, please ensure that you take note of the 13 character reference number. There is no tracing option for envelopes sent 1st or 2nd class. Our mailing address is Canadian High Commission, Consular Services, Macdonald House, 38 Grosvenor Street, London W1K 4AA
Old Jul 26th 2012, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Former Lancastrian, I just hope it works out on Monday - I almost know the reference number by heart now, just don't want to miss the 60 day deadline which is up middle of next month.