Speaking to Bufffalo????

Old Dec 9th 2004, 6:51 am
BE Enthusiast

cryout is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Speaking to Bufffalo????

Originally Posted by ozinca
Yes, I remember this being discussed. The initials after my file number are not on that list. But I will try again.

hey, you guys...why don't you (dimon) just send a private email message to ozinca in which you explain how to get these bloody phone numbers?

Ozinca, man, I wish you to overcome this horror story...
Old Dec 9th 2004, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

blairwitch is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ozinca

Just a quick note, as well as the federal police in Oz, you can also apply for a background check through the state police, it might come back quicker......

Cheers-blairwitch
Old Dec 9th 2004, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

MrBosco is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spas
Hi Ozinca,
i
I also had to send letters and faxes and in my experience letters are processed faster. If you send it by courrier that has an overnight service it'll get there in less than 24 hours. A friend of mine got the COPR with a mistake. So she sent a fax urgently as they requeted. Then an officer from Buffalo called her back...but three months later.
My recomendation: start the process of your police certificate, send a letter and a fax. Write on the envelope your file number and that your case is a family class as your get priority. Same thing for the fax. Write it BIG.

Hope that helps

spas
First, I don't agree that faxes are ignored. My COPR and my son's had the height and eye colour switched. I faxed them a letter to that effect, with a fax number. They faxed me back one week later with instructions.

Here is my recommendation. 1) don't try to call officer directly. This will likely backfire. 2) make photocopy of your fax. Attach a cover letter that says something to the effect that "I faxed you the attached on thus and such a date, and am mailing a copy in case the fax did not arrive. I apologize if this creates any more work for you etc."

I would spend the $10 or whatever and have the letter overnight mailed. Then wait 1 week. If no respones, then order new police certs as a backup plan.

At that point, you will have done all you can, and not got anybody too mad at you.

Nowhere at any time from AOR to receipt of visa did I ever know anybody's name. The CAIPS notes does have initials, if I recall, maybe even a name or two. But they take a month to get, and if they are asking for your police cert, CAIPS note will reflect that they haven't got it. Then you just have one more reason to be upset, 30 days from now. CAIPS notes are useful in many cases, but this doesn't look like one of them to me.

Visa post usually muddles through and does the right thing. Think positively.

Good luck
Old Dec 9th 2004, 11:52 am
Happy Canadian PR

ozinca will become famous soon enoughozinca will become famous soon enough

Thank you all for your excellent advice and good wishes. Each of you have been so generous with your time to offer me your thoughts. It means even more to me to know how caring you are when each of you are going through the same agony of endless waiting that I am. Many of you have been waiting longer than I have and I think I got caught up in the belief that my application (family class common law) was straightforward and therefore would be completed quickly. I really had no right to believe this, I suppose it was just a bit of exagerated wishful thinking.

I faxed Buffalo this morning and so the wheels are in motion.

Thank you all again,
Ozinca
Old Dec 13th 2004, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

blairwitch is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Ozinca, how is it all going?

Just a note on what I was saying re: the State Police.
I'm Victorian and my police check only took 3 weeks, as opposed to the 8 weeks the Federal Police state.
Its exactly the same.
So maybe look at your state police website.

Cheers-Blairwitch
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 11:25 am
Just Joined

tony_ZZZ is on a distinguished road

Hi Ozinca,

While I was sponsoring my American wife to move to Canada, I also was experiencing some delays (over 4 months with no news) and decided to request my CAIPS notes. I then discovered (thru the CAIPS notes) that they had incorrectly entered my wife`s citizenship as Filipino instead of American (she was born in the Philippines, but is not a citizen). I sent a registered letter (since I am a Canadian Citizen and the sponsor) noting the error and requesting a status update, and shortly after she received her passport request.

The CAIPS notes can provide other details that you may not know about your case.

Hope this helps

Tony
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

goodgal is an unknown quantity at this point

I did send them fax and received the reply within 15 days from them through mail. They had added comments on the fax paper that i had sent to them. Usually they do not reply. And it has been said that if you send fax it might delay your case.