SOWP when to apply?

Old Nov 7th 2011, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

gillan85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SOWP when to apply?

If we are travelling over in the next few weeks with LMO in hand to activate a TWP, I know I can apply for SOWP at the same time (as easier with supporting docs etc). I thought I read somewhere that I could apply earlier , or will my SOWP be issued the same time as partner's TWP ?
Old Nov 7th 2011, 12:45 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SOWP when to apply?

I thought a SOWP was issued at the same time as your oh work permit - therefore if he was applying for one by post beforehand, then you would send in your application with his - if doing it at the border then you both get them together too.

I suppose you could apply by post prior to going (with LMO, job offer etc) - but if that were the case you may as well send them in together and get them both beforehand?
Old Nov 7th 2011, 2:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
I thought a SOWP was issued at the same time as your oh work permit - therefore if he was applying for one by post beforehand, then you would send in your application with his - if doing it at the border then you both get them together too.

I suppose you could apply by post prior to going (with LMO, job offer etc) - but if that were the case you may as well send them in together and get them both beforehand?
Yep I thought that too - you need his LMO to get your SOWP right? Am sure someone else will know the answer to this.

Also doesn't the postal service take a while hence why a lot of people go for them at point of entry?
Old Nov 7th 2011, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

Moondoggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Depending on which embassy you apply for, can take a different amount of time.
For example, the Canadian Embassy in London is quoting 8-10 weeks for a TWP application.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 3:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mandymoochops

apologies if my thread sounded misleading....that's what I meant. I know I can apply at the same time at POE for SOWP with OH LMO when he gets his TWP (as easier with having all supporting docs. I just thought that I could apply having copy of his LMO by post separately, beforehand. But I suppose if travelling shortly it makes sense to get them together
Old Nov 7th 2011, 3:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gillan85
apologies if my thread sounded misleading....that's what I meant. I know I can apply at the same time at POE for SOWP with OH LMO when he gets his TWP (as easier with having all supporting docs. I just thought that I could apply having copy of his LMO by post separately, beforehand. But I suppose if travelling shortly it makes sense to get them together
I would agree with you - if you are going shortly it would be easier if you just apply at POE. Then no hassle, chasing it if you post it.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 3:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Hawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond repute

As your SOWP is tied directly to your OH TWP - you cannot apply before that is issued. Your SOWP for example will have the same expiry date, regardless of individual application dates.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

Thanks all.....100000001 things to think about
Old Nov 7th 2011, 7:13 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hawkmoon77
As your SOWP is tied directly to your OH TWP - you cannot apply before that is issued. Your SOWP for example will have the same expiry date, regardless of individual application dates.
Yes of course duh - silly me Knew it was something like that!