Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

SOWP and Medical requirement - nurse

Wikiposts

SOWP and Medical requirement - nurse

Old Jul 11th 2013, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

---mlm--- is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SOWP and Medical requirement - nurse

Hi
Could i ask a question? My hubby is a truck driver and i am a registered nurse. If hubby got offered a job prior to me would i be able to work on a sowp? am i right thinking that a medical is needed.

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 11th 2013, 4:56 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SOWP and Medical requirement - nurse

I have started a new thread for your question as you are more likely to get responses. It's always better to start your own thread rather than add onto someone else's.

Yes, if you wished to work as a nurse then you would need to undergo a medical prior to gaining a SOWP.

Temporary foreign workers who require a medical as per R30(1)(b), or who are from a designated country where medical examinations are required and will be working for more than six months in Canada, must apply for their work permit at a visa office – whether visa-exempt or not – unless valid medical examination results are available at the time of entry.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...w/fw01-eng.pdf

Medical examination instructions: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...exams-temp.asp

Undergo your medical exam before you submit your application - This is called an up front medical exam.

You can contact a panel physician directly to get your medical exam if you apply under one of the following categories:

Workers
Students
Visitors (including Parent and Grandparent Super Visa)

Once your medical exam has been completed, the doctor will give you a document confirming that you underwent a medical exam. You must include a copy of that document with your application.

If the doctor works with the eMedical electronic system:

they will give you an up-front medical notification printout.
If the doctor works with a paper system:

they will give you a copy of the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form.

You must attach that form to your application before you submit it the visa office. If you apply online, you must upload that form before you can submit your application