Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Sorry Mr. Miller one more question? or anyone else who knows?

Wikiposts

Sorry Mr. Miller one more question? or anyone else who knows?

Old Mar 7th 2006, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sorry Mr. Miller one more question? or anyone else who knows?

I just wanted to ask one more question of you if i may.

On my CAIPS it says that my security checks are done, however they only requested my RCMP clearance on 25-01-06. Does that mean that il have to wait up to 150 days until RCMP send out the clearance, or will they issue the PPR request once they have concluded their own investigations im confused?

I sent only fingerprints to them with my application not clearance for RCMP however i did include British police clearance. would it be advantageuous to get a City of Toronto police clearance?
Old Mar 7th 2006, 11:47 am
Just Joined

Tarasishe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sorry Mr. Miller one more question? or anyone else who knows?

Originally Posted by britishvixen21

On my CAIPS it says that my security checks are done, however they only requested my RCMP clearance on 25-01-06. Does that mean that il have to wait up to 150 days until RCMP send out the clearance, or will they issue the PPR request once they have concluded their own investigations im confused?

I sent only fingerprints to them with my application not clearance for RCMP however i did include British police clearance. would it be advantageuous to get a City of Toronto police clearance?
I do not know the answer to that, sorry for offtopic, However, I can see u are in Toronto. I am myself in Toronto and about to apply for PR through Spouse/CL. I just wanted to know whether you did your medicals here in Toronto, on somewhere else? How much did it cost?
Old Mar 7th 2006, 1:53 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

If you were not asked for updated one then CIC will do their own quick check.

Originally Posted by britishvixen21

Old Mar 7th 2006, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
If you were not asked for updated one then CIC will do their own quick check.
Thank you once again

Tash,

I did indeed have my medicals done in Toronto, by one of the designated medical practitioners, A wonderful husband and wife team, if you would like their name please PM id be happy to recommend them.
Old Mar 8th 2006, 12:10 am
ABW
No driving taxi as 11/06

ABW is on a distinguished road
Question Re: Sorry Mr. Miller one more question? or anyone else who knows?

Mr. Miller:
How does CIC do "their own quick check"?
What so different from "the regular check" (timewise, outstanding issues, etc)?

This is kind of out of the subject:
I did my medical the end of December 2005. RPC Buffalo asked to submit RCMP clearance as well. The RPC Buffalo gave me 90 days to submit all documents.
However, the RCMP quoted me 150 days.
I did notify the RPC Buffalo regarding this issue (enclosed the copy of UPS courier tracking to RCMP Ottawa). I called the RCMP in Ottawa and left a message but nobody got back to me yet.
Is there anyway I can find out about the status of RCMP fingerprinting?
Is RPC Buffalo aware of this 150 days RCMP fingerprinting timeline?

Thank You
Old Mar 8th 2006, 3:46 am

In some cases, especially when RCMP was submitted with application (or proof that fingerprints were sent to RCMP) then CIC does a "quick" name check only - but only in spousal sponsorship cases.

If you are not a sponsored spouse/common-law partner then full RCMP fingerprints based check is required and should have been submitted with application. CIC is aware of long delays in RCMP but they don't care - it was your responsibility to include it with application and/or (if continuing living in Canada) to get an updated one on time.

Just hope that Buffalo will give you some extra time.

Originally Posted by ABW
Mr. Miller:
How does CIC do "their own quick check"?
What so different from "the regular check" (timewise, outstanding issues, etc)?

This is kind of out of the subject:
I did my medical the end of December 2005. RPC Buffalo asked to submit RCMP clearance as well. The RPC Buffalo gave me 90 days to submit all documents.
However, the RCMP quoted me 150 days.
I did notify the RPC Buffalo regarding this issue (enclosed the copy of UPS courier tracking to RCMP Ottawa). I called the RCMP in Ottawa and left a message but nobody got back to me yet.
Is there anyway I can find out about the status of RCMP fingerprinting?
Is RPC Buffalo aware of this 150 days RCMP fingerprinting timeline?

Thank You
Old Mar 8th 2006, 4:36 am
ABW
No driving taxi as 11/06

Question Re: Sorry Mr. Miller one more question? or anyone else who knows?

Mr. Miller:
This was the only email I received from RPC Buffalo:
We have noted that you have applied for the RCMP pc.. Thank you for your response.
Immigration Section
Does it mean Buffalo will give me some extra time? :scared:

I am kind of venting here:
Had I included the RCMP fingerprint with my application, would it be useless by the time I received IA (quoted 9 months) since the RCMP clearance is only VALID FOR 6 MONTHS.

Thank You

In some cases, especially when RCMP was submitted with application (or proof that fingerprints were sent to RCMP) then CIC does a "quick" name check only - but only in spousal sponsorship cases.

If you are not a sponsored spouse/common-law partner then full RCMP fingerprints based check is required and should have been submitted with application. CIC is aware of long delays in RCMP but they don't care - it was your responsibility to include it with application and/or (if continuing living in Canada) to get an updated one on time.

Just hope that Buffalo will give you some extra time.
Old Mar 8th 2006, 5:28 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by ABW
Mr. Miller:
This was the only email I received from RPC Buffalo:
We have noted that you have applied for the RCMP pc.. Thank you for your response.
Immigration Section
Does it mean Buffalo will give me some extra time? :scared:

I am kind of venting here:
Had I included the RCMP fingerprint with my application, would it be useless by the time I received IA (quoted 9 months) since the RCMP clearance is only VALID FOR 6 MONTHS.

Thank You
Nice try, if you submit your prints up front as required, then they are on file and CIC would be notified if there is a criminal charge after the submission date. Follow rules, it works much better.
Old Mar 8th 2006, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

49thparallel is an unknown quantity at this point

I am a provincial nominee and inside my approval pack from the provincial govt it was clearly stated NOT to apply for RCMP fingerprints until instructed to do so by the Canadian Consulate.

I did as the instructions suggested and held off until sure enough the Consulate wrote to me asking me to go ahead and submit my fingerprints. I too was amazed when I found out that the RCMP website was quoting in excess of 150 days to process fingerprints. In reality however it only took exactly 60 days, I know this as I phoned the RCMP in Ottawa who confirmed to me the date the results were forwarded to Buffalo.

Anyhow you can phone the fingerprinting Dept. in Ottawa (you may find the number on this forum or else the RCMP website), they will let you know if your fingerprints are still processing or have been sent back to the consulate processing your case.

I also sent proof of submitting my fingerprints to Ottawa as they also told me I had only 90 days to organise this. They have to be aware that the timeframe is outside of the applicants control.

Goodluck...
Old Mar 8th 2006, 7:01 pm

Quite often kits from PNP programs are outdated and you should always follow up to date instruction from CIC website. All of those instructions (in checklist) for every visa post clearly indicate that police certificates should be submitted with application. When you are submitting PR application to visa post then who cares what PNP instruction says - you are applying to feds for PR visa and you should follow their instructions from that moment, not Provincial ones.

Originally Posted by 49thparallel
I am a provincial nominee and inside my approval pack from the provincial govt it was clearly stated NOT to apply for RCMP fingerprints until instructed to do so by the Canadian Consulate.

I did as the instructions suggested and held off until sure enough the Consulate wrote to me asking me to go ahead and submit my fingerprints. I too was amazed when I found out that the RCMP website was quoting in excess of 150 days to process fingerprints. In reality however it only took exactly 60 days, I know this as I phoned the RCMP in Ottawa who confirmed to me the date the results were forwarded to Buffalo.

Anyhow you can phone the fingerprinting Dept. in Ottawa (you may find the number on this forum or else the RCMP website), they will let you know if your fingerprints are still processing or have been sent back to the consulate processing your case.

I also sent proof of submitting my fingerprints to Ottawa as they also told me I had only 90 days to organise this. They have to be aware that the timeframe is outside of the applicants control.

Goodluck...
Old Mar 9th 2006, 3:44 am
ABW
No driving taxi as 11/06

Cool Re: Sorry Mr. Miller one more question? or anyone else who knows?

I too was EXPLICITLY instructed NOT to apply for RCMP fingerprints until instructed to do so by the RPC Buffalo when I received my AOR back in March 2005.

However when I received my IA and medical early December 2005, I was instructed to submit RCMP fingerprints from that document checklist.

Just following the instructions here.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

49thparallel is an unknown quantity at this point

Quite often kits from PNP programs are outdated and you should always follow up to date instruction from CIC website. All of those instructions (in checklist) for every visa post clearly indicate that police certificates should be submitted with application. When you are submitting PR application to visa post then who cares what PNP instruction says - you are applying to feds for PR visa and you should follow their instructions from that moment, not Provincial ones.
One theory for the provincial govt instructing people to hold off is becuase not everybody resident in Canada for 6 months or more gets asked to submit fingerprints, I have read plenty of examples of applicants who have never been asked. I have heard (do not know if there is any truth in this) that the Consulate conduct their own basic name checks and if they get a match on the name check they advise the applicant to submit fingerprints.

Fair enough about following instructions as outlined by the Feds however remember that immigration is a big step for everybody and for people going the PNP route they will only have had experiences dealing with local PNP govt's so naturally applicants are going to do as the provincial government suggests, afterall it's the provincial govt who nominated them and got them this far.

Perhaps it's the provincial govt and feds who need to staighten out how procedures hould be followed and not the applicants themselves who are experiencing the process for the first time.