Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

sorry more questions about the citizenship application form

sorry more questions about the citizenship application form

Old Sep 4th 2018, 1:10 pm
Knight of Constantinople

G0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sorry more questions about the citizenship application form

Originally Posted by Dorftrottel
Thanks Siouxie - as much as I have tried everything as well as your work around I am still hitting a blank secured document. Its driving me mad - why they do not recognise this issue defeats me - I guess they don't want me to be a citizen.
If it is a secured doc you maybe right. You will need a little trick I found via youtube. Save the doc to your google drive (if you have one or sign up for a free account). Once in the cloud drive try and print it. Google drive should then download the file to your downloads folder without the restrictions and you should be able to do what you want.
Old Sep 5th 2018, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

Dorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond repute

Hasan78 Goldie Siouxie - firstly thank you all for your suggestions and I have tried in my big thumb way to find a work around but nothing stops a blank doc coming up with secured PDF on the top. Hasan how do you save a file in finder? Goldie not sure where the print option is on the google drive. The great thing about all this is I know a lot more about my Mac than before. Thanks again team for your efforts. PS sorry for hijacking the original post - Neil
Old Sep 5th 2018, 10:57 am
Knight of Constantinople

G0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond repute

Hasan78 Goldie Siouxie - firstly thank you all for your suggestions and I have tried in my big thumb way to find a work around but nothing stops a blank doc coming up with secured PDF on the top. Hasan how do you save a file in finder? Goldie not sure where the print option is on the google drive. The great thing about all this is I know a lot more about my Mac than before. Thanks again team for your efforts. PS sorry for hijacking the original post - Neil
I think it maybe the machine that you are using. I tend to try other machine's (if available) to see if you can open the document on them. Easiest way is via a mobile or tablet. Try and print the document also. See if anything comes through on a printer. It may look blank on the screen but could be something on there or press 'Command+A' (Select all) and see if anything is visible on the document whilst on the screen. Also, try a different pdf reader. Nitro pdf, Sumatra, Javelin (Windows), iskysoft, PDFelement (Mac). One of them should work. If not then it sounds as if the document is truly blank! I hope you have some hair left at the end of this process!

Dusted off my old Win XP machine the other week. I found I had a load of encryption and recovery tools built into XP that Win 8/10 and Mac does not have. Managed to recover the files off the USB stick that knackered up! Long live XP!
Old Sep 9th 2018, 9:01 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Just noticed an issue with the application form.

When you enter your SIN number in section 12 it displays as you write it but when you click off the boxes it doesn't display properly. Mine only shows/displays the first 6 numbers - Can I write by SIN number in full next to it as this appears to be an issue with the form?
Old Sep 9th 2018, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t think Apple recognizes Adobe products. I understand Steve Jobs had a down on Adobe and wouldn’t allow Adobe products access to Apple. Don’t know if that’s been relaxed since his death.
Old Sep 9th 2018, 9:49 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Also:

Its states:
"A15: Print and sign the calculation and attach a copy to your Application for Canadian Citizenship - Adults. Make sure that the following dates are all the same:
  • Date of application used in this calculation;
  • Date of signature on this physical presence calculator print out;
  • Date of signature on the form for Application for Canadian Citizenship - Adult"
If my eligibility is 5 October 2013 - 5 October 2018 - Does that mean I have to sign the application form and physical presence calculator print out on 5 October 2018 or if I print everything out on 7 October 2018 do I sign it with that date on all documents? -

I realize I am unable to send anything in the mail in the future and will be waiting until after this in October to send everything.
Old Sep 11th 2018, 5:13 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Just noticed an issue with the application form.

When you enter your SIN number in section 12 it displays as you write it but when you click off the boxes it doesn't display properly. Mine only shows/displays the first 6 numbers - Can I write by SIN number in full next to it as this appears to be an issue with the form?
Has anyone else noticed this issue with the application?
Old Sep 22nd 2018, 4:12 pm
Bex in the city

Also:

Its states:
"A15: Print and sign the calculation and attach a copy to your Application for Canadian Citizenship - Adults. Make sure that the following dates are all the same:
  • Date of application used in this calculation;
  • Date of signature on this physical presence calculator print out;
  • Date of signature on the form for Application for Canadian Citizenship - Adult"
If my eligibility is 5 October 2013 - 5 October 2018 - Does that mean I have to sign the application form and physical presence calculator print out on 5 October 2018 or if I print everything out on 7 October 2018 do I sign it with that date on all documents? -

I realize I am unable to send anything in the mail in the future and will be waiting until after this in October to send everything.

just in in regards to the physical presence calculator, when you print it out it has the date and time you have printed it.

If if I print it today but application is signed for October and then sent after the date in October is this ok?
Old Sep 22nd 2018, 7:41 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Then why not wait until October to print off everything and sign them and send them off the same or the next day?
Old Sep 22nd 2018, 8:27 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Then why not wait until October to print off everything and sign them and send them off the same or the next day?
id like to get everything ready beforehand and then just send it off that day or the next. I was hoping as long as everything is signed on the same day, they won’t pay attention to the time and date the calculator was printed providing I don’t send everything off early
Old Sep 23rd 2018, 3:29 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

id like to get everything ready beforehand and then just send it off that day or the next. I was hoping as long as everything is signed on the same day, they won’t pay attention to the time and date the calculator was printed providing I don’t send everything off early

Fair enough

The official line:
The calculator will tell you if you meet the physical presence requirement.
From the link 'signature' above: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/...?redir=faq#Q15

Q17: I did not apply when I first did my calculation and my situation has not changed (no new absences or time spent serving a sentence). Why should I redo the calculation before applying?

A17: If you decide to apply at a later date, you must redo the calculation so that the date of application in your physical presence calculation matches the day you sign the application form. It will also confirm that you are eligible before applying. The law might have changed and the requirements could be different, or you might have made a mistake the first time you used the calculator, or you could have forgotten an absence.

Last edited by Siouxie; Sep 23rd 2018 at 3:35 am.
Old Sep 23rd 2018, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Siouxie. Print everything out and assemble your application when you are ready (and eligible) to sign the forms.
Old Sep 23rd 2018, 5:39 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by Snowy560
I agree with Siouxie. Print everything out and assemble your application when you are ready (and eligible) to sign the forms.

Thanks Snowy

I actually found the way to do it yesterday - I changed the date and time on my computer and thus when the online calculator was printed it came out as a date in the future/when I am planning to sign it.

Pretty much good to go now. Just need to go to London Drugs for the photos and wait for the day to send everything off
Old Sep 23rd 2018, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Hasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond repute

when you save the file it automatically safe into download in Finder but if have difficulty finding it when you open finder choose "recent" on the top of finder on left side then the download will be shown. move it to documents or desktop so it is easier to find. open adobe reader -> File -> open "document" then you should see it.

how to save in finder? when doc open in Safari then hoover mouse curser over the documents and see below of the doc page, it gives option to safe - when press save it automatically save in Finder then follow above instruction!

I used to have the same issue but in this way it always open in Mac.

Last edited by Hasan78; Sep 23rd 2018 at 8:20 pm. Reason: more accurate description