Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Sorry if you've been asked before but.....

Wikiposts

Sorry if you've been asked before but.....

Old Sep 4th 2007, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

pbailey is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Sorry if you've been asked before but.....

Hi there,
again sorry if we are going over old things but what is Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR), what I mean is does it come after you get your passports back. Does it mean that we have to wait for them to come as well before we go? If not I will book our flights!
Old Sep 4th 2007, 9:32 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sorry if you've been asked before but.....

Originally Posted by pbailey
Hi there,
again sorry if we are going over old things but what is Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR), what I mean is does it come after you get your passports back. Does it mean that we have to wait for them to come as well before we go? If not I will book our flights!
It comes with the return of your passports. You then go to a Port of Entry to 'land' and a few weeks later your PR card arrives at your Canadian address.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

pbailey is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Sorry if you've been asked before but.....

Originally Posted by Tangram
It comes with the return of your passports. You then go to a Port of Entry to 'land' and a few weeks later your PR card arrives at your Canadian address.
Thanks Paul, I thought we were in for another wait! Phew

Paula