Wikiposts

Son A Canadian Citizen

Old Oct 20th 2008, 11:17 am
Just Joined

laura0211 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Son A Canadian Citizen

Hi I hope someone can help with this query which I am making on behalf of my 22 year old son.

During the mid 80s my ex husband, two sons and myself emigrated to Canada. We were all awarded Canadian Citizenship - we had been in the country almost 6years. Unfortunately due to unforseen circumstances we had to return to the UK. None of us have been back to the country since.

My 22 year old son - a qualified joiner - would like to return to Canada.

He has certificate and card with citizenship number etc.

How would he go about this?

PS - He will have a job to go to and can stay with friends we still have over there.
Old Oct 20th 2008, 12:06 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Son A Canadian Citizen

Hi

Originally Posted by laura0211
Hi I hope someone can help with this query which I am making on behalf of my 22 year old son.

During the mid 80s my ex husband, two sons and myself emigrated to Canada. We were all awarded Canadian Citizenship - we had been in the country almost 6years. Unfortunately due to unforseen circumstances we had to return to the UK. None of us have been back to the country since.

PS - He will have a job to go to and can stay with friends we still have over there.
He buys an airline ticket, as a Canadian citizen he has the right to enter Canada. Although he should apply for a Canadian passport.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 4:52 am
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light

You can apply for a canadian passport here, but there are quite strict regulations and a list of approved photographers etc, so a bit long-winded. We are planning on doing this with my son (who is a lot younger!) eventually. Then just buy a ticket, I guess!
Old Oct 21st 2008, 10:12 am
Just Joined

laura0211 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you very much for such prompt responses. He thinks he will contact the High Comission and get the passport applied for.

I'll miss him when he goes...but that's what we do...we raise our kids...give them their wings and watch them fly..
Old Oct 21st 2008, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by laura0211

Let him apply for his canadain passport and let him book his ticket and off he goes, no problem at all.

good luck