Son alone in Uk

Old Jan 19th 2010, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

Brooko is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Son alone in Uk

Hi all, I am new to this but need advice. We moved here two years ago and yes having a great time, I have a young son at school and older daughter who is working here, she came over 10 months after us. My eldest son in UK stayed behind and has visited twice he now wants to come over with his long term girlfriend. I have looked into sponsership but he is 27yrs and not in any category that I can see!! thanks a desperate mother
Old Jan 19th 2010, 2:30 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Son alone in Uk

What's your status there now?
Old Jan 19th 2010, 2:44 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brooko
Hi all, I am new to this but need advice. We moved here two years ago and yes having a great time, I have a young son at school and older daughter who is working here, she came over 10 months after us. My eldest son in UK stayed behind and has visited twice he now wants to come over with his long term girlfriend. I have looked into sponsership but he is 27yrs and not in any category that I can see!! thanks a desperate mother
He could easily come over on a BUNAC visa that will give him and his girlfriend 12 months freedom to live and work. That should give them some time to figure out if they like it.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

Thanks but what is that Visa? can they apply online for it? and where?
Old Jan 19th 2010, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
What's your status there now?
We have PR here came in Sept 07
Old Jan 19th 2010, 3:23 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brooko
Thanks but what is that Visa? can they apply online for it? and where?
It's a 12 month open working visa for people under the age of 30 (i think).

http://www.bunac.org/uk/workcanada/

They can apply online BUT i think the number is limited so the window of opportunity is very short.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that, do you know if they apply for this visa can they apply for PR at same time? I will look at the site thoughas his girlfriend really wants to get back into dressmaking for Theatres etc and I pressume they help with jobs?? If not I understand by reading on here that Andrew is the guy to contact for work visas ???