Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

IS someone receiving AOR for application sent after 02/27?

IS someone receiving AOR for application sent after 02/27?

Old Jun 20th 2008, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

Quarte_2005 will become famous soon enoughQuarte_2005 will become famous soon enough
Default IS someone receiving AOR for application sent after 02/27?

I took a look at Trackitt.com and it is really slow to get AOR right now...
Old Jun 21st 2008, 1:51 am
Lawyer

David L. Thomas is on a distinguished road
Default Re: IS someone receiving AOR for application sent after 02/27?

One of my colleagues just received an AOR letter from Buffalo last week for a file received by them on February 28. My guess is they were holding back AOR's to see if the new changes passed through Parliament. The new AOR basically says, we have your file, we're not opening a file, we may never look at your file. We are waiting for the new "Ministerial Instructions", we don't know when we will get them, in the meantime, just wait. Don't contact us.

So you can ask yourself, what do they mean by that? I have my theory. But Jim is right, the Department has been frustrated for a long time that they cannot control the intake of applications. Do the math, think global, and you will understand the problem. I believe this has everything and nothing to do with politics. There were mechanisms available to the Liberals to control intake (like maybe not reducing the pass mark from 75 all the way down to 67.) But they didn't want to take any political flak for closing the door a little bit. Same with the Conservatives. There's no way Mr. Harper is going to raise the pass mark and play into the hands of the Liberal spin-meisters.

So what is the Department going to do? They start with the Simplified Application Process (SAP) in September 2006 - pay your fee, take a number, and we'll contact you xx years from now when we are ready to look at your file. How is that for customer service? Or maybe the message is: Maybe you should consider somewhere else like New Zealand or Australia.

Now you can apply, but we reserve the right to send back your application with never looking at it. If you are out there today contemplating making an application under the Skilled Worker category, you have no way of knowing whether you will qualify. Not until these mysterious "Ministerial Instructions" appear. Any guess when that will be? I could be wrong, but it might be a long time from now.

The information provided in this post is of a general nature and is not intended to deliver advice on your specific immigration matter. It is not legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of David L. Thomas Law Corporation or establish an attorney-client relationship.
Old Jun 21st 2008, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

Quarte_2005 will become famous soon enoughQuarte_2005 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by David L. Thomas
One of my colleagues just received an AOR letter from Buffalo last week for a file received by them on February 28. My guess is they were holding back AOR's to see if the new changes passed through Parliament. The new AOR basically says, we have your file, we're not opening a file, we may never look at your file. We are waiting for the new "Ministerial Instructions", we don't know when we will get them, in the meantime, just wait. Don't contact us.

So you can ask yourself, what do they mean by that? I have my theory. But Jim is right, the Department has been frustrated for a long time that they cannot control the intake of applications. Do the math, think global, and you will understand the problem. I believe this has everything and nothing to do with politics. There were mechanisms available to the Liberals to control intake (like maybe not reducing the pass mark from 75 all the way down to 67.) But they didn't want to take any political flak for closing the door a little bit. Same with the Conservatives. There's no way Mr. Harper is going to raise the pass mark and play into the hands of the Liberal spin-meisters.

So what is the Department going to do? They start with the Simplified Application Process (SAP) in September 2006 - pay your fee, take a number, and we'll contact you xx years from now when we are ready to look at your file. How is that for customer service? Or maybe the message is: Maybe you should consider somewhere else like New Zealand or Australia.

Now you can apply, but we reserve the right to send back your application with never looking at it. If you are out there today contemplating making an application under the Skilled Worker category, you have no way of knowing whether you will qualify. Not until these mysterious "Ministerial Instructions" appear. Any guess when that will be? I could be wrong, but it might be a long time from now.

The information provided in this post is of a general nature and is not intended to deliver advice on your specific immigration matter. It is not legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of David L. Thomas Law Corporation or establish an attorney-client relationship.
i meant AOR for people who already has a job here or with AEO, not just simplified SW application
Old Jun 21st 2008, 3:17 pm
Lawyer

David L. Thomas is on a distinguished road

That AOR letter was for someone in Canada on a three year work permit - which yes, surprises me too. It might have been sent to him in error, but at this point, it's hard to say...

The information provided in this posting is of a general nature and is not intended to deliver advice on your specific immigration matter. It is not legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of David L. Thomas Law Corporation or establish an attorney-client relationship.
Old Jun 21st 2008, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by David L. Thomas
That AOR letter was for someone in Canada on a three year work permit - which yes, surprises me too. It might have been sent to him in error, but at this point, it's hard to say...

The information provided in this posting is of a general nature and is not intended to deliver advice on your specific immigration matter. It is not legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of David L. Thomas Law Corporation or establish an attorney-client relationship.
what is it goin on?
At this point I guess new rules will mess up everything for those already here too....
My personal opinion about Immigration in Canada...
they should accept only application with AE...that is it in my opinion
Old Jun 21st 2008, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

nataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to all

Has anyone applied for PR with PNP nomination since Feb 27th and has there been any progress on their file??
Old Jun 21st 2008, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nataliehahn
Has anyone applied for PR with PNP nomination since Feb 27th and has there been any progress on their file??
we're all stuck....and this makes me feel upset