Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Some sound advice needed please regarding Inland/Outland PR for American BF

Some sound advice needed please regarding Inland/Outland PR for American BF

Old Oct 18th 2018, 4:42 am
Just Joined

TKaur66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Some sound advice needed please regarding Inland/Outland PR for American BF

Hello there everyone

I'm Tina, I have not been on this forum for a long time! I used to post here when I was in the process of immigrating to BC Canada from the UK, and now I've been a PR in BC for 3 years

I'm sure my question has been asked MANY times on here, but I would like those with experience to please offer me some advice before I go spending money I don't really have on an immigration lawyer lol

My boyfriend of 8 years currently lives across the border in Washington State USA and I am in Langley BC. We see each other every couple of weeks. We will hopefully be getting married soon so we can finally live together as our long distance relationship has been very tough over the years (he used to live in New Jersey).

Currently he works for Door Dash and Uber to make his living (he wants to go back to college once he is a PR in BC) My question is what is the best and quickest way to get a PR? Is outland application faster? OR can we have him live with me as an INLAND application and if so could my bf still drive across the border every day to work in the USA while we wait to get him a Canadian work permit as I understand you can apply for an open work permit for a spouse.

I'm not sure of what my best options are and so I turned to this site to see if anyone can be of help with the right way to go please?

Thanks so much

Tina Kaur