Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Some quick help needed re 90 day update and separation !!

Wikiposts

Some quick help needed re 90 day update and separation !!

Old Dec 4th 2008, 4:50 am
BE Enthusiast

stuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nice
Default Some quick help needed re 90 day update and separation !!

Hi all,

My wife and i have separated and there is no chance of a reconciliation. I needed to get my updated docs to CHC by 1st Jan 09 and just wondered whether i should notify them at this point?

I will not be able to include any new photos of my wife and she has changed job, so presumably i just inform them when i provide the updated docs that i will not be accompanied by my spouse??

I was the principle applicant on the original form so there's no change there.

Also hen i provide them the info on the funds it will obviously be less now as it is only my savings i will be able to evidence? I have enough for the single person ceiling but not for both, unless i also add in the equity in my house?

Some quick and accurate advice would be great.

Many thanks, Stuart
Old Dec 4th 2008, 6:23 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some quick help needed re 90 day update and separation !!

Originally Posted by stuartm
Hi all,

My wife and i have separated and there is no chance of a reconciliation. I needed to get my updated docs to CHC by 1st Jan 09 and just wondered whether i should notify them at this point?

I will not be able to include any new photos of my wife and she has changed job, so presumably i just inform them when i provide the updated docs that i will not be accompanied by my spouse??

I was the principle applicant on the original form so there's no change there.

Also hen i provide them the info on the funds it will obviously be less now as it is only my savings i will be able to evidence? I have enough for the single person ceiling but not for both, unless i also add in the equity in my house?

Some quick and accurate advice would be great.

Many thanks, Stuart
Hust update your details that you are now separated - do you have a legal separation document ? Maybe CIC would need to see this.

Ask them to take her off the application and CIC should process as a single person I would have thought so.

Gay
Old Dec 4th 2008, 6:32 am
BE Enthusiast

stuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nice

Hi Gaynor

Thanks for the response. We have not divorced yet so there is no 'document' as such.

Anyone else????????

Thanks, Stuart
Old Dec 4th 2008, 7:10 am

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Stuart,
Just draw their attention to your new 'status' (for want of a better phrase) in your covering letter, if they want to know more about it I'm sure they will ask. Then complete the forms with just you as the only applicant. Therefore, you would only need the minimum funds for one person.

I'm afraid I know nothing about being legally separated or anything - surely if one party does not want to emigrate to another country, they cannot make you become legally separated for that purpose? Maybe someone else will have had experience of this.

Best of luck, and good for you for continuing on with Canada.