Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Some quick and accrate advice re Landing - panic stations

Some quick and accrate advice re Landing - panic stations

Old Jan 28th 2010, 4:16 am
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all
Default Re: Some quick and accrate advice re Landing - panic stations

1. Presumably i just go through the normal arrival process at immigration and present my papers.
2. My application said Vancouver but ill land in Toronto probably - this OK?
3. I dont intend to actually move to Canada for another 2 years. Do i still need to provide a goods to follow list?

1 - Yes either go through normal immigration then they will direct you to the officers who deal with the landing process OR follow the signs for Immigration for landing purpose.

2 - This should be fine, iv heard of people landing in different provinces apart from Quebec (unless you are authorised to do so)

3 - Yes it does not matter when you move you will still need to have both lists ready to present to the immigration officer who will stamp and date them.

Hope this helps.

MR79
Old Jan 28th 2010, 4:18 am
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all
Default Re: Some quick and accrate advice re Landing - panic stations

Well you won't be landing as a visitor so you'll need to go through a different channel. Just like when you're on the plane and they give you a form to fill in....it won't be as a visitor now will it?

Hi,

You will still need to fill out the visitor form they give you on the flight and will be asked for it by the landing officer, if you are landing alone then you will also need to fill out the form yourself and any other people with you who are not landing will need to fill out a seperate form.

Hope this helps.