Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Some Questions regarding initial FSW application to CIO

Some Questions regarding initial FSW application to CIO

Old Mar 22nd 2010, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

funky_beat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Some Questions regarding initial FSW application to CIO

Hi
We are preparing to send our initial application to CIO. I have some questions and would appreciate if someone could answer them. Apologize if these have been answered before, I searched the forum but could get a definitive answer.

1- In form IM0008, there is a question "Have you taken an approved test to assess your proficiency in english? If the answer is yes it asks to provide a copy of approved test result otherwise have to provide evidence of proficiency. I had actually taken IELTS and have the required score but it's more than a year old, actually couple of months since it is expired. Is it ok if I check yes for the answer and provide a copy of IELTS or just send the written statement all my studies and work experience is in English. However in the instruction guide it clearly states don't send the language results to CIO it's only required for visa office processing your application. Confused as what to do, I anyway plan to give a new IELTS if my application is declared as eligible for processing.

2- I have 2 years of experience in one of 38 occupations eligible for priority processing and the other 4 years in another skill type A NOC occupations which are not in the 38 list. Will I be able to claim points for all the 6 years or only for two years for which I have worked in one of the priority occupation.

3- Do I need to send the responsibilities letter from employer with the initial application to CIO. If no, then how would they decide if my application is eligible for further processing. I am asking this because the document checklist IMM5612 doesn't state of any document to be sent to CIO apart from passport biodata page. If that is the case then based on what factors they actually decide if application is eligible for further processing or they just only check if the forms are filled accurately and without any blanks.

Sorry for being long and exhaustive but these questions are bugging me and I would highly appreciate your valuable feedback.

Cheers
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 4:13 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some Questions regarding initial FSW application to CIO

Originally Posted by funky_beat
Hi
We are preparing to send our initial application to CIO. I have some questions and would appreciate if someone could answer them. Apologize if these have been answered before, I searched the forum but could get a definitive answer.

1- In form IM0008, there is a question "Have you taken an approved test to assess your proficiency in english? If the answer is yes it asks to provide a copy of approved test result otherwise have to provide evidence of proficiency. I had actually taken IELTS and have the required score but it's more than a year old, actually couple of months since it is expired. Is it ok if I check yes for the answer and provide a copy of IELTS or just send the written statement all my studies and work experience is in English. However in the instruction guide it clearly states don't send the language results to CIO it's only required for visa office processing your application. Confused as what to do, I anyway plan to give a new IELTS if my application is declared as eligible for processing.

have you taken IELTS because your first language is NOT English or just because you thought you had to? You wouldn't send your proof of language until you reached the second stage anyway

2- I have 2 years of experience in one of 38 occupations eligible for priority processing and the other 4 years in another skill type A NOC occupations which are not in the 38 list. Will I be able to claim points for all the 6 years or only for two years for which I have worked in one of the priority occupation.

for all 6 years

3- Do I need to send the responsibilities letter from employer with the initial application to CIO. If no, then how would they decide if my application is eligible for further processing. I am asking this because the document checklist IMM5612 doesn't state of any document to be sent to CIO apart from passport biodata page. If that is the case then based on what factors they actually decide if application is eligible for further processing or they just only check if the forms are filled accurately and without any blanks.

they are just checking your application to make sure it meets the requirements - you then have to prove what you have claimed in your application once it goes to the second stage of processing
Sorry for being long and exhaustive but these questions are bugging me and I would highly appreciate your valuable feedback.

Cheers
Hope the above help somewhat
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

funky_beat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Hope the above help somewhat
Yes it certainly does, thanks for the quick feedback. Well I actually had taken IELTS to apply for Aussie immigration last year which is still under process and English is not my first language. So to conclude no need to send experience letter and IELTS to CIO and just stick to documents checklist.

Thanks
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 5:26 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by funky_beat
Yes it certainly does, thanks for the quick feedback. Well I actually had taken IELTS to apply for Aussie immigration last year which is still under process and English is not my first language. So to conclude no need to send experience letter and IELTS to CIO and just stick to documents checklist.

Thanks

That is correct - but you will need a new IELTS test to send the results into CIC once you reach the second stage. They will not accept IELTS results that are over a year old.