Some questions!

Old Nov 4th 2004, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

Buckrogers is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Some questions!

Hi all

First post in this excellent forum.

With regard to the medical examinations, does anyone know what they are looking for? ie what will cause the appilcation to fail?

I, to my knowledge, have no illness, but would it not make sense to get yourself checked out prior to applying, thereby saving the app fee's, if they is something major wrong?

I do not know which visa route I will be taking yet, might be skilled or business. I have the pdf guide for the business but can anyone provide the link for the skilled, as i am not completely sure which of the 3 guides, for skilled workers, I should be looking at? Federal or Provincial? (Going to BC, so I know its not the Quebec one.)

Are there any restrictions for skilled workers, that you must complete within a time frame upon "landing"? ie, with Business, you have to start a company within 3 years and employe a local canadian for 1 year to keep your PR card.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Buck
Old Nov 4th 2004, 10:25 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some questions!

Hi BR

Originally Posted by Buckrogers
Hi all

First post in this excellent forum.

With regard to the medical examinations, does anyone know what they are looking for? ie what will cause the appilcation to fail?

I, to my knowledge, have no illness, but would it not make sense to get yourself checked out prior to applying, thereby saving the app fee's, if they is something major wrong?

I do not know which visa route I will be taking yet, might be skilled or business. I have the pdf guide for the business but can anyone provide the link for the skilled, as i am not completely sure which of the 3 guides, for skilled workers, I should be looking at? Federal or Provincial? (Going to BC, so I know its not the Quebec one.)

Are there any restrictions for skilled workers, that you must complete within a time frame upon "landing"? ie, with Business, you have to start a company within 3 years and employe a local canadian for 1 year to keep your PR card.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Buck
The medical consists of history, full chest x-ray, blood tests. Looking for any disease or condition that is contagious or would cause excessive demand on Canadian health services. TB, hep, HIV, AIDs etc. Pointless to take a pre-medical medical.

You should be looking at www.cic.gc.ca which is the offical web site for Immigration. You have to apply through the federal system. If you are interested in a PNP (Provincal Nomination) you have to apply first for the provincal certificate, and then federally.

No restrictions on skilled workers.

PMM
Old Nov 4th 2004, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi BR

The medical consists of history, full chest x-ray, blood tests. Looking for any disease or condition that is contagious or would cause excessive demand on Canadian health services. TB, hep, HIV, AIDs etc. Pointless to take a pre-medical medical.

You should be looking at www.cic.gc.ca which is the offical web site for Immigration. You have to apply through the federal system. If you are interested in a PNP (Provincal Nomination) you have to apply first for the provincal certificate, and then federally.

No restrictions on skilled workers.

PMM
Have been looking at CIC web site. So if I apply via Federal system I could then apply in PNP? What is PNP? Any benifits of doing this?

Ta

Buck
Old Nov 4th 2004, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

Also, under Education, can anyone give me some examples of what "one-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship" are in comparision to the UK?

TIA

Buck
Old Nov 4th 2004, 11:00 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Also, under Education, can anyone give me some examples of what "one-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship" are in comparision to the UK?

TIA

Buck
You apply for PNP first, it is for applicants who usually can't qualify under the skilled worker, but have a skill that is in demand in the particular province.

PMM
Old Nov 4th 2004, 11:03 am
Just Joined

thatmtnman is an unknown quantity at this point

Have been looking at CIC web site. So if I apply via Federal system I could then apply in PNP? What is PNP? Any benifits of doing this?

Ta

Buck
A PNP is a provincially nominated person. It really isn't an alternative route around the normal immigration system. A local politican or a department designates you as nominated if you have special skills or some other kind of special circumstance they are interested in.

I also would not worry about the helath exam too much. yes get it by all means as soon as possible, but Canada regularly lets in people with Aid, TB and other not so pleasent diseases. I have not heard of anyone being turned away because of health, or criminal records for that matter either.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

Anyone help with:

TIA

Buck