some more questions!sorry...

Old Aug 5th 2005, 12:32 am
Just Joined

wannaknow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default some more questions!sorry...

Hello everybody,
after receiving useful advices from people on the forum i still have more questions...
i studyed in europe at university and i obtained in 2003 a bachelor degree.however in 2002 i moved to US on a green card.i was still enrolled fulltime and daytime attendance back home.so 1 year of school 2002-2003 i was basically absent most of the time from classes.i went back last month of school in 2003 and took+ passed all the exams and graduated of course. i did the same thing back in 2001 for 6 months when i was in US visiting but still enrolled full time+ passed all the exams.
now i'm scheduled to take IELTS and as soon as i get the results i will launch the application.
can CIC not consider 20 points for my education?( fulltime studies)?
i'm worried when they will look over the dates of schooling and work they will ask me how come i've been in 2 places at the same time?
US + Europe?
or am i paranoic?
thank you in advance.
Old Aug 5th 2005, 12:41 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: some more questions!sorry...

It doesn't matter how long it took to complete your degree - what counts is the number of years educational institution you graduated from requires for program you completed if taken on standard, full time basis.

Originally Posted by wannaknow
Hello everybody,
after receiving useful advices from people on the forum i still have more questions...
i studyed in europe at university and i obtained in 2003 a bachelor degree.however in 2002 i moved to US on a green card.i was still enrolled fulltime and daytime attendance back home.so 1 year of school 2002-2003 i was basically absent most of the time from classes.i went back last month of school in 2003 and took+ passed all the exams and graduated of course. i did the same thing back in 2001 for 6 months when i was in US visiting but still enrolled full time+ passed all the exams.
now i'm scheduled to take IELTS and as soon as i get the results i will launch the application.
can CIC not consider 20 points for my education?( fulltime studies)?
i'm worried when they will look over the dates of schooling and work they will ask me how come i've been in 2 places at the same time?
US + Europe?
or am i paranoic?
thank you in advance.
Old Aug 5th 2005, 12:48 am
Just Joined

so Mr. Miller, you are saying not to worry about this?::)
in Romania it takes 5 years to graduate from college( engineering degree full time).
thank you.
Old Aug 5th 2005, 12:50 am

As long as your university confirms that you completed a 5-years Bachelor's degree program you have nothing to worry.

so Mr. Miller, you are saying not to worry about this?::)
in Romania it takes 5 years to graduate from college( engineering degree full time).
thank you.
Old Aug 5th 2005, 1:02 am
Just Joined

thank you Mr. Miller, i feel better now.
of course i have the diploma in original + transcripts.
in instructions they say they want the transcripts in a sealed envelope. In romania they only give you once when you graduate the grades( i have them translated and notarized in English) but i don't have them in a sealed envelope.
are they gonna accept these?
by the way i also have the grades evaluated be WES ( world educational services) in which they say i have an equivalent of US bachelor degree. i can request another set of copies from WES. these are gonna be in a sealed envelope, however are not directly from college.
what do you think guys?
thank you.
Old Aug 5th 2005, 1:36 am

You need to get transcripts in sealed by university envelope - even in Romania you can get them. No translation is needed. International evaluations are irrelevant.

thank you Mr. Miller, i feel better now.
of course i have the diploma in original + transcripts.
in instructions they say they want the transcripts in a sealed envelope. In romania they only give you once when you graduate the grades( i have them translated and notarized in English) but i don't have them in a sealed envelope.
are they gonna accept these?
by the way i also have the grades evaluated be WES ( world educational services) in which they say i have an equivalent of US bachelor degree. i can request another set of copies from WES. these are gonna be in a sealed envelope, however are not directly from college.
what do you think guys?
thank you.