Some help with the NS CIS please

Old Apr 15th 2013, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

confused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some help with the NS CIS please

christmasoompa & wbexpat

I could scrape together £10k if I cashed in bonds & shares but would I actually need to do that or could I just show I have them for now?

Can you be given the money by a family member as a 'gift'?

When you list loans & mortgages do you also have to list credit card debt? If so is it just the principle applicant that has to list it or would dependants have to too?

Ideally I would've applied when my finances were in better shape but as this has been thrusted upon us suddenly I don't have a choice but to apply now & I don't want to miss going though this route as it suits us best
Old Apr 15th 2013, 9:30 pm
Truro NS

wbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some help with the NS CIS please

Originally Posted by confused_uk
christmasoompa & wbexpat

I could scrape together £10k if I cashed in bonds & shares but would I actually need to do that or could I just show I have them for now?
\\\
Don't cash in anything on my say-so.
However, NSPNP will ask for evidence that you can support yourself once in Canada. Evidence is bank statements usually.
///

Can you be given the money by a family member as a 'gift'?
\\\
Yep. NS immigration don't care where it comes from. They just need to know it's at your disposal so you don't become a drain on resources. The proof you need to send is photocopied bank statements.
///

When you list loans & mortgages do you also have to list credit card debt? If so is it just the principle applicant that has to list it or would dependants have to too?
\\\
Yep. You will be asked to list assets (houses, bank deposits, but not cars and jewellry etc). You will also be asked to list liabilities (mortgage, credit card bill, overdraft etc). They will subtract one from the other to figure out your "net worth". Now that's one factor. The other is ready cash to feed yourselves with when you land and start job-hunting. I think it is principal and spouse but I could be wrong. See the form NSPNP100.
///

Ideally I would've applied when my finances were in better shape but as this has been thrusted upon us suddenly I don't have a choice but to apply now & I don't want to miss going though this route as it suits us best
\\\
Of course. And its not an ideal situation. Add a page by way of explanation to say you've applied X weeks sooner than you'd hoped due to CIS going away. If they are so disposed they may assist by putting you at the bottom of the queue while you save up get upgraded/updated bank statements.
///
The key point is, getting an application in on time is step 1. What happens next is manageable if you work with them on a resolution. Communication is key. If otherwise you look educated, law-abiding, employable and solvent you will probably be OK.

I would encourage you to print out the forms. There's a documents checklist. Tick the one you can find, cross out the ones you don't need and put action items by the ones you need to get. Don't fret too much about the contents of what you need to send, just concentrate on getting them.

NSPNP (and the Feds) will first check that the pack is complete. Only after that do they worry about whats in them. First thing's first. Complete the pack. Everything else can be managed with additional documentation and covering letters.