Some help with the NS CIS please

Old Apr 15th 2013, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

confused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Some help with the NS CIS please

Ok so I'm just hearing about the RDA's closing & the CIS May 31st deadline & have a few queries:

1) Is it humanly possible to get everything done & in before the deadline if I'm starting from scratch?

2) What exactly is required is it just the PNP forms or do they need the citizenship & immigration Canada forms also?

3) Do they need supporting documents i.e. proof of funds, education certificates etc by the deadline?

4) Is there anything I should do first that may take time to receive?

5) I've recently got married but haven't changed my name on my passport/driving licence, if they require copies of these documents could this be a problem?

Yes I do qualify to apply through this route

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 15th 2013, 4:55 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some help with the NS CIS please

I would suggest you read the requirements on the NS CIS website and then ask any questions you have that you cannot find the answers to.

http://novascotiaimmigration.ca/immi...ity-identified

The application guide tells you most of what you asked: http://novascotiaimmigration.ca/site...ationGuide.pdf

Edit: Do you have your IELTS test booked? You may be cutting it fine as from what I read you will need to submit the results with the application (someone else will no doubt confirm or correct this, lol)

Last edited by Siouxie; Apr 15th 2013 at 5:01 pm.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

confused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by siouxie
I would suggest you read the requirements on the NS CIS website and then ask any questions you have that you cannot find the answers to.

http://novascotiaimmigration.ca/immi...ity-identified

The application guide tells you most of what you asked: http://novascotiaimmigration.ca/site...ationGuide.pdf

Edit: Do you have your IELTS test booked? You may be cutting it fine as from what I read you will need to submit the results with the application (someone else will no doubt confirm or correct this, lol)

Thanks

No, I thought they request IELTS & medicals after they receive your application, I hope that's not true it will throw a spanner in the works
Old Apr 15th 2013, 5:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by confused_uk
Thanks

No, I thought they request IELTS & medicals after they receive your application, I hope that's not true it will throw a spanner in the works
It depends, what NOC Level are you? For Skill Level C workers it's now compulsory under the NS PNP, but not needed for Skill Level A, O or B.

HTH.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Apr 15th 2013 at 5:42 pm.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 5:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
It depends, what NOC Level are you? For semi-skilled workers it's now compulsory under the NS PNP, but not needed for Skill Level A, O or B.

HTH.
How do I find out what noc level I am?
Old Apr 15th 2013, 5:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

How do I find out what noc level I am?
What do you do?

I thought that the guide Siouxie gave you earlier in the thread told you how to find out your Skill Level, but in case it doesn't, you need to find out your NOC code, then look at the Matrix to see which level you come under - http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/...11/Matrix.aspx

HTH.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

What do you do?

I thought that the guide Siouxie gave you earlier in the thread told you how to find out your Skill Level, but in case it doesn't, you need to find out your NOC code, then look at the Matrix to see which level you come under - http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/...11/Matrix.aspx

HTH.
Just had a quick look at that, looks a bit confusing

I am CAD technician with experience in building services engineering, I also have a degree in design with some work experience in that.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 5:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Just had a quick look at that, looks a bit confusing

I am CAD technician with experience in building services engineering, I also have a degree in design with some work experience in that.
So what NOC code? That's what you need to find out, and then you can check your skill level. I'm pretty sure that you'll be Skilled though, so shouldn't need to submit IELTS with your application.

HTH.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

So what NOC code? That's what you need to find out, and then you can check your skill level. I'm pretty sure that you'll be Skilled though, so shouldn't need to submit IELTS with your application.

HTH.
So I think for CAD technician the noc code is 2253 & designer is 5243, so if I'm grasping this right I fall under level B, is that right?
Old Apr 15th 2013, 6:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

So I think for CAD technician the noc code is 2253 & designer is 5243, so if I'm grasping this right I fall under level B, is that right?
Spot on. So no IELTS needed. Phew!
Old Apr 15th 2013, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spot on. So no IELTS needed. Phew!
Phew, thanks for the help.

I don't suppose you can enlighten me on any of my earlier questions (I've gathered that the answer to questions 2 & 3 are yes)
Old Apr 15th 2013, 6:45 pm
Truro NS

wbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond repute

Ok so I'm just hearing about the RDA's closing & the CIS May 31st deadline & have a few queries:

1) Is it humanly possible to get everything done & in before the deadline if I'm starting from scratch?
\\\
Yes if you are super-organised and have a lot of stuff already on you and you use DHL courier for docs.
///

2) What exactly is required is it just the PNP forms or do they need the citizenship & immigration Canada forms also?
\\\
Tells you exactly whats needed on NSPNP website. Form is NSPNP100. See accompanying notes/instructions. I'll tell you right now its a lot of stuff.
///

3) Do they need supporting documents i.e. proof of funds, education certificates etc by the deadline?
\\\
Photocopies thereof, yes. If you absolutely have to omit something I recommend you put in an explanatory note and a promise to send the missing piece along as soon as you have it.
///

4) Is there anything I should do first that may take time to receive?
\\\
Cop certs used to take a long time but I think ACPO has a fast track now. Old employers might take time to reply with proof of employment.
///

5) I've recently got married but haven't changed my name on my passport/driving licence, if they require copies of these documents could this be a problem?
\\\
Passport only. Include explanatory note to the effect of name change by reason of marriage. Marriage cert will explain the rest to them.
///

Yes I do qualify to apply through this route

Thanks in advance

Here's the golden rules, having been thru this myself:

(a) do EXACTLY what it says in the instructions.
(b) if you can't do that, put in explanatory note to explain why not.
(c) don't hide anything
(d) be very, very organised
(e) don't mess about. Time is of the essence now.

IM me if you need some coaching.
I can talk you thru the docs once you've printed them out.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wbexpat
Here's the golden rules, having been thru this myself:

(a) do EXACTLY what it says in the instructions.
(b) if you can't do that, put in explanatory note to explain why not.
(c) don't hide anything
(d) be very, very organised
(e) don't mess about. Time is of the essence now.

IM me if you need some coaching.
I can talk you thru the docs once you've printed them out.
Thanks for the offer, I think I'll sit down over the next day or two & fill in the forms etc & IM you if I get any problems

Do I need a police check? It doesn't say that on the checklist just that you need police certificates if you have been convicted of an offence.

Could you tell me more about finances, I have a fair amount in assests including a mortgage free house in ns, I just don't have a lot in cash right now (hopefully will do when it comes to moving or I won't be going anywhere). Should I be begging family members to loan me some money to temporarily beef up my bank accounts? Or is having enough in assests ok
Old Apr 15th 2013, 7:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Could you tell me more about finances, I have a fair amount in assests including a mortgage free house in ns, I just don't have a lot in cash right now (hopefully will do when it comes to moving or I won't be going anywhere). Should I be begging family members to loan me some money to temporarily beef up my bank accounts? Or is having enough in assests ok
You need to show a certain amount, iirc it's $10,000 (plus another $2k for other family members), and you can't borrow the money, CIC are very particular about that!

HTH.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 7:11 pm
Truro NS

wbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the offer, I think I'll sit down over the next day or two & fill in the forms etc & IM you if I get any problems

Do I need a police check? It doesn't say that on the checklist just that you need police certificates if you have been convicted of an offence.
\\\
Police check definitely for federal part (which comes after NSPNP-CI part, when they tell you to do so). Cant remember offhand what it says, but if thats what it says then thats whats required.
///

Could you tell me more about finances, I have a fair amount in assests including a mortgage free house in ns, I just don't have a lot in cash right now (hopefully will do when it comes to moving or I won't be going anywhere).
\\\
House is good. Get printouts from all your institutions. NSPNP and feds will want evidence you can support yourself & family from when you land to when you get a job. Rule of thumb (if I recall) is 20K CAD for principle applicant and 5K per extra person. You'll need to check.
///

Should I be begging family members to loan me some money to temporarily beef up my bank accounts? Or is having enough in assests ok
\\\
I would be warming people up if you are a bit short of these levels. Worth a covering note to explain you will be rent-free if house is free and clear. Might reduce your initial outlay. More is better.
///

But then IANAL and IANA Consultant.
My suggestions are for educational purposes only and YMMV so check.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.