Some Grey Areas

Old Feb 19th 2008, 6:19 am
Banned

scaffroche is a jewel in the roughscaffroche is a jewel in the roughscaffroche is a jewel in the roughscaffroche is a jewel in the rough
Default Some Grey Areas

Hi , I have some grey areas still to do with PNP > Temp > PR .
Have applied with employer for BC - PNP 2 weeks ago . Employer needs me to come on board asap . If accepted I see that PNP people forward the acceptance to CIC .
1) Can they apply for Temp Work Permit for me ? or Do I apply myself ?

2) If granted Temp Work Permit will there be a time limit ?

3) I know I would have 180 days to apply for PR . I will be applying from BC . Will do so on landing . I have to get Police Clearance from Ireland/UK/USA and my wife from Australia . What I am wondering is will I be OK to work on Temp Work Permit while waiting for the Police Clearances and PR to come through i.e. Is there a time limit ?

Thank You
Old Feb 19th 2008, 7:04 am

gloveman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Some Grey Areas

We came here through BC PNP but just in case it didn't come through in time we also applied and got TWP. Luckily we never needed them.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 7:22 am
Banned

scaffroche is a jewel in the roughscaffroche is a jewel in the roughscaffroche is a jewel in the roughscaffroche is a jewel in the rough

I am not too concerned about waiting a bit for PNP , it will give me time to get my affairs in order . What I m concerned about is the following PR application and will I be OK to work on TWP if waiting for Police Clearances etc.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scaffroche
If accepted I see that PNP people forward the acceptance to CIC.
BC PNP will forward a copy of your acceptance certificate to which ever office (probably either Buffalo or London assuming you are British) and then you follow up with your PR application.

1) Can they apply for Temp Work Permit for me ? or Do I apply myself ?
BC PNP will provide you a letter addressed to either Vegreville or Port of Entry stating that you have been accepted on to BC PNP, and please can you have a LMO exempt Work Permit until your PR comes through. We were already in Canada on BUNAC WP, so got a letter from our case officer at BC PNP and went down to the boarder, did a swing round the flagpole i.e. stepping into US and then back again to be issued with new WP. A co-worker of Mr L2S was here on a visitor permit so did the same thing to get this work permit.

So you should be able to get your work permit at the airport when your flight arrives. This is what we did with BUNAC orginally when we flew into Vancouver and had no problems.

2) If granted Temp Work Permit will there be a time limit ?
Ours were for one year because the idea being that we'd get PR within that year - which we did. I'm sure if there was a delay in your PR, BC PNP could organise a new temp WP. I found my case officer to be very helpful whenever I phoned or emailed him. I was giveb all his contact info when my acceptance packsage (similar to a small rainforest arrived)

3) I know I would have 180 days to apply for PR . I will be applying from BC . Will do so on landing . I have to get Police Clearance from Ireland/UK/USA and my wife from Australia . What I am wondering is will I be OK to work on Temp Work Permit while waiting for the Police Clearances and PR to come through i.e. Is there a time limit ?
Why not send your application off straight away? I used my employers address for all contact so there was no need to have a permanent home address in Canada. We sent our Police Certs. in at a later date once we had got them back, but we got our place in the PR queue!

Yes, being able to work on this LMO exempt work permit whilst waiting for PR is a perk of the BC PNP.

I would suggest that you apply for Police Clearance certs. ASAP from all relevant countries.

Good luck
Old Feb 19th 2008, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

I started this PNP timeline thread which you might find helpful, espeically as it is very BC dominated.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 7:56 am
Banned

Thanks L2S you have just lifted the grey . Have already read your thread . Will apply for PR almost immediately on acceptance for PNP . Probably on landing in Vancouver . Was also going to wait until arrival in Vancouver to apply for Police Certs to avoid inconvienence with addresses etc.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 9:26 am
Banned

What about applying for Police Certs using my employers address in BC ?
This would speed things up a bit . Is this possible ?
Old Feb 19th 2008, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by scaffroche
What about applying for Police Certs using my employers address in BC ?
This would speed things up a bit . Is this possible ?
You might be able to use your employers address for return postage, but you still need to prove your address where you cliam to live through bank statements etc. and of course having the certificate posted back to that address.

Maybe phone Scotland Yard to ask: 020 7230 2958. I can't help on the other countries I am afraid.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 9:50 am
Banned

Originally Posted by live to ski
You might be able to use your employers address for return postage, but you still need to prove your address where you cliam to live through bank statements etc. and of course having the certificate posted back to that address.

Maybe phone Scotland Yard to ask: 020 7230 2958. I can't help on the other countries I am afraid.
Ya think Ill wait until landed to avoid MORE confusion . All the countries involved state that they have approx 4 week timeline for returned clearances ( in theory anyway ) . This wouldnt be too bad if I applied soon after landing . Some pressure is off me now that I know I will be given the time to process PR application when in BC on TWP and PNP . Thanks again