Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Some good news from CIC for students, sponsors etc

Some good news from CIC for students, sponsors etc

Old Apr 20th 2005, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

dimon237 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Some good news from CIC for students, sponsors etc

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/press/05/0512-e.html
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/press/05/0511-e.html
Old Apr 20th 2005, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

reddy_cd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Some good news from CIC for students, sponsors etc

Hi,

It was posted already two days ago and Mr. Andrew commented that it is still only a press release. I am just wondering when do they out the changes into effect.

Anyway, there is no doubt that it is really a great news for the students and the persons who are already on one year postgraduation work permit like me.

Reddy

Old Apr 20th 2005, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

dimon237 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by reddy_cd
Hi,

It was posted already two days ago and Mr. Andrew commented that it is still only a press release. I am just wondering when do they out the changes into effect.

Anyway, there is no doubt that it is really a great news for the students and the persons who are already on one year postgraduation work permit like me.

Reddy
Sorry for the re-post then. I just wish it was done when I was student, it'd be so much easier.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 3:49 pm
Finally it happened

pattu has a spectacular aura aboutpattu has a spectacular aura aboutpattu has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by reddy_cd
Hi,

Reddy
Below is a message from the international centre at U of Alberta:

Yes, there has definitely been good news from the Canadian government:
the pilot study to allow full-time international students to work off campus during their studies (already in place in some provinces), will be extended across Canada, and the opportunity for students to apply for a work permit to work for up to two-years after graduation will be extended across Canada as well (except for Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver). A bilateral agreement must be signed between each province and Citizenship and Immigration before these pilots take effect. This has not yet been done in Alberta for the off-campus work. (The two-year post-graduation work pilot study is already in place in Alberta).

Therefore, it is not yet possible for U of A students to apply for the off-campus work permit.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

reddy_cd is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Dimon,

Why sorry? It happens as the threds are buried within no time.

Patnayak: Why don't you send me a private message with your home phone number?

Reddy

Originally Posted by dimon237
Sorry for the re-post then. I just wish it was done when I was student, it'd be so much easier.