Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Some Advice Needed.....? FSW-Cat3 - being out of the country

Wikiposts

Some Advice Needed.....? FSW-Cat3 - being out of the country

Old Sep 17th 2011, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

garethnock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Some Advice Needed.....? FSW-Cat3 - being out of the country

Hi everyone, myself and my wife are after a little bit of advice.
As you can see from our timeline we are currently in the long, long cue to be process for a Cat 3 - FSW PR.
While we sit out the wait we are going to spend some time travelling.
We are off to New Zealand & OZ in Jan/Feb next year for a for a few months, but have recently looked into a IEP working holiday visa for new zealand, so we could stay longer and earn some cash while we wait to move to toronto permanently!!
So just after a few answers to a few questions and wonder if anyone could help.

1) While on a IEP visa in New Zealand, am I right in thinking that we can have a medical in NZ and have the results sent back to London. (if that day comes in the year period we will be in NZ)

2) Again if the day comes around (fingers crossed) that we get a request for a our passports while in NZ - how long do we have to submit these to london? as we will have to at this point organise a flight home and tie up lose ends etc in NZ.

3) Will being out of the country affect our application for PR in Canada? - we will still have our permanent address in the UK to which our application is linked.

Thanks everyone for any help you can offer - just trying to make it thorough this process, and enjoy life a little while it happens
Old Sep 21st 2011, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Some Advice Needed.....? FSW-Cat3 - being out of the country

Does any one have any tips or advice for me - I would be really happy with any help
Thanks
Gareth
Old Sep 21st 2011, 8:26 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by garethnock
Hi everyone, myself and my wife are after a little bit of advice.
As you can see from our timeline we are currently in the long, long cue to be process for a Cat 3 - FSW PR.
While we sit out the wait we are going to spend some time travelling.
We are off to New Zealand & OZ in Jan/Feb next year for a for a few months, but have recently looked into a IEP working holiday visa for new zealand, so we could stay longer and earn some cash while we wait to move to toronto permanently!!
So just after a few answers to a few questions and wonder if anyone could help.

1) While on a IEP visa in New Zealand, am I right in thinking that we can have a medical in NZ and have the results sent back to London. (if that day comes in the year period we will be in NZ)

2) Again if the day comes around (fingers crossed) that we get a request for a our passports while in NZ - how long do we have to submit these to london? as we will have to at this point organise a flight home and tie up lose ends etc in NZ.

3) Will being out of the country affect our application for PR in Canada? - we will still have our permanent address in the UK to which our application is linked.

Thanks everyone for any help you can offer - just trying to make it thorough this process, and enjoy life a little while it happens
1. You can have the medicals at any DMP in the world. The DMP sends them to their IRMC and the processing office can access the results electronically.
2. Usually between 45 and 60 days.
3. No.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. You can have the medicals at any DMP in the world. The DMP sends them to their IRMC and the processing office can access the results electronically.
2. Usually between 45 and 60 days.
3. No.
Thanks for the advice PMM - much appricated