Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

So once you've sent your passport away...

So once you've sent your passport away...

Old Feb 7th 2008, 7:49 am
Just Joined

Scottish_Sith_Lord is an unknown quantity at this point
Question So once you've sent your passport away...

how long does it take to come back? First time poster on here by the way, hoping to move to Calgary later this year with the wife and daughter.

Old Feb 7th 2008, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

budda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant future
Default Re: So once you've sent your passport away...

Normally about 4 weeks.

Good luck in Calgary
Old Feb 7th 2008, 8:21 am
Just Joined

Scottish_Sith_Lord is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers dude!
Old Feb 7th 2008, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

SarahandDavid has a brilliant futureSarahandDavid has a brilliant futureSarahandDavid has a brilliant futureSarahandDavid has a brilliant futureSarahandDavid has a brilliant futureSarahandDavid has a brilliant futureSarahandDavid has a brilliant futureSarahandDavid has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Scottish_Sith_Lord
how long does it take to come back? First time poster on here by the way, hoping to move to Calgary later this year with the wife and daughter.

Sent my passport to London 19th Jan 08, delivered yesterday, 6th Feb, with nice shiny visa!

Good luck with your plans,

Sarah
Old Feb 7th 2008, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

hesselink has a brilliant futurehesselink has a brilliant futurehesselink has a brilliant futurehesselink has a brilliant futurehesselink has a brilliant futurehesselink has a brilliant futurehesselink has a brilliant future

we reiceved ours back in two weeks all the best
Old Feb 7th 2008, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Solarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to behold

I am hoping for our passport requests soon, we have been here since August, have already sent off medicals and updated police checks and this week sent requested proof of funds. However I am concerned about the time for a passport to get from Canada to UK and back again as I have travel to the US on business every 6 to 8 weeks and can't afford to be without my passport for a long time.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

jasper62 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SarahandDavid
Sent my passport to London 19th Jan 08, delivered yesterday, 6th Feb, with nice shiny visa!

Sarah
HI SARAH. FROM HAVING YOUR MEDICALS DONE I EXPECT IN CARDIFF HOW LONG WAS IT BEFORE THEY ASKED FOR YOUR PASSPORT TO BE SENT TO LONDON .. AND WELL DONE ALL THE BEST
Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

fi816 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SarahandDavid

Sarah
Sarah hi, can I ask how long after your medicals was it before you sent your passports away. We sent ours 30 days after ours as instructed to do, which was 17th Dec but not had anything back as yet.

Thanks Fi
Old Feb 8th 2008, 9:50 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scottish_Sith_Lord
how long does it take to come back?
Ours took 8 days!
Old Feb 8th 2008, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

SarahandDavid has a brilliant futureSarahandDavid has a brilliant futureSarahandDavid has a brilliant futureSarahandDavid has a brilliant futureSarahandDavid has a brilliant futureSarahandDavid has a brilliant futureSarahandDavid has a brilliant futureSarahandDavid has a brilliant future

Hi Daren and Fi816,

Ours was a spousal sponsorship application so medicals and police cert were obtained prior to submitting the application. The medical was done on 3rd Sept 07 in Cardiff by Dr Maxwell. We sent the application off to Mississauga in October, London started processing on 5th Dec and we received PPR on 19th Jan. Because the spousal sponsorship applications tend to go through much quicker you are allowed to get everything done upfront before you apply.

I hope this helps and hope everything gets sorted out soon for you both

Sarah
Old Feb 8th 2008, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

Our passports went to Seattle as we were already living in Vancouver. Took 6days including a weekend!