Wikiposts

So many questions...

Old Sep 7th 2009, 3:34 am
Novapye

Novapye is an unknown quantity at this point
Default So many questions...

My husband and I are unsure which route to take to apply to emigrate to Ontario, Canada. I have a degree and I am a practising midwife. My husband does not have a university education but he is quite high up in an international company. I realise my job is not on "the list" of jobs in demand and I am not nurse trained so I am unsure which route to go down to apply. It is all so confusing. Should we apply both apply or just one of us? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Nova.
Old Sep 7th 2009, 3:53 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So many questions...

Originally Posted by Novapye
My husband and I are unsure which route to take to apply to emigrate to Ontario, Canada. I have a degree and I am a practising midwife. My husband does not have a university education but he is quite high up in an international company. I realise my job is not on "the list" of jobs in demand and I am not nurse trained so I am unsure which route to go down to apply. It is all so confusing. Should we apply both apply or just one of us? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Nova.

Hi Nova,

Do either of you have a job offer? If not, and you're not on 'the list', then neither of you would be eligible to apply as Skilled Workers anyway, and most other visas also require a job offer. But when it comes to applying, only one of you would need to and then the other would accompany.

Your best bet is to read the Wiki (on blue bar at top of page) to figure out which visa you or your husband would be eligible for, and then you can ask specific questions about it.

Old Sep 7th 2009, 4:49 am
Novapye

Thanks for your response.

My husband is in negotiations at the moment with the Ontario branch of his company. Hopefully he will have a job offer soon. If he does then we will be going down that route but I wasn't sure if my status would also help.

Nova.
Old Sep 7th 2009, 4:54 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your response.

My husband is in negotiations at the moment with the Ontario branch of his company. Hopefully he will have a job offer soon. If he does then we will be going down that route but I wasn't sure if my status would also help.

Nova.
So would he be being transferred? If so, then this Wiki page may help - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Intra-...ransfer-Canada

If he's the one getting the TWP, then your employment status will make no difference, but you would get an open work permit in any event off the back of his TWP.

Old Sep 7th 2009, 5:00 am
Novapye

I know I have read it somewhere, but I can't find it now... What is a TWP?

Nova
Old Sep 7th 2009, 5:13 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

I know I have read it somewhere, but I can't find it now... What is a TWP?

Nova
Temporary Work Permit.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Canadian_Abbreviations
Old Sep 7th 2009, 5:43 am
Novapye

DOH! I knew it would be something really straight forward.

Thanks for your help.

Nova