Small discrepancy in COPR

Old Jun 23rd 2010, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

bangalg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Small discrepancy in COPR

I just received my family's visa-stamped passports. There is just one minor point in the COPR that is nagging me.
My spouse's actual 'Given Name' is "ABCDEFGHI MNOPQR". That is what is written in the passport as well. However, in her COPR, the 'Given Name' has been printed as "ABCDEFGHI MNOPQ". It appears that the last letter 'R' in her name has been eaten up because there is no space left (some other field begins next to it) for another letter. The COPR instructions clearly state that "the office" should be informed if there is any discrepancy noticed in the COPR.
I can't imagine sending the Passports/ COPR once again. Any suggestions on what I should do?
Thanks.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 3:11 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Small discrepancy in COPR

its truncated because there is only so much room on the form , it happens all the time, my Oh's middle name is cut off by one letter on his .

It is not a problem , you don't need to do anything other that be prepared to mention it when you land

The PR card will probably be exactly the same
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

bangalg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Small discrepancy in COPR

Thanks, Zoe. You are absolutely right.
I wrote to CIC as well- just to be 200% sure. I got a reply in 30 seconds FLAT! Here is their response:

"This is not an error. It is due to there being only a limited number of characters on the COPR."