Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Slow down on PPR for FSW Cat1 applicants

Slow down on PPR for FSW Cat1 applicants

Old Nov 11th 2009, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Slow down on PPR for FSW Cat1 applicants

[QUOTE=Bali2010;8088165]
Originally Posted by joinerboy
I can't moan too much as I'm currently at 228 day in the process which isn't bad at all compared to many others .
QUOTE]

Hello

Are you counting from the sent to CIO or rec'd by CIO or rec'd by London or any other ?

I was wondering what the normal start point is for tracking e.g. on trackitt etc, when people are counting the days or months.

Thanks
Bali
Hi Bali
Thanks for your posting,
I starting counting from the day i gave it to the man from Fedex to send to Sydney CIO upto and including yesterday. Here is the date counter link if you need it
http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html
Hope this of use and how its going with your application
regards
Joinerboy
Old Nov 11th 2009, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Near year end there will probably be a slow down in skilled worker PPRs because (I suspect) they will have reached their target. They do not stop family class spousal PPRs. They reserve those skilled worker PPRs which they do issue to cases where the validity of the visas would be very short. That has been their usual pattern. They start up again in January with their new target.
Hi Jim
Many thanks for your posting, does each Visa office have its own target for completed FSW PR applications or is it an overall intake target for all international offices combined.
cheers in advance.

regards
Joinerboy
Old Nov 11th 2009, 3:12 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Targets are assigned to each visa office based on past levels of applications.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 3:42 pm
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say many of the posters who have responded or complained about delay in getting PPR are lucky than most. I'm also under FSW Cat 1 and my medical request seems to have stuck somewhere in the system perhaps due to the delays caused by CIC shifting its resources (if thats the true reason for delays). They received my full application in London on 31st July and I have yet to pass the major hurdle of having my case processed and medical request issued. You guys are still way ahead in the game.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Edo
I'd say many of the posters who have responded or complained about delay in getting PPR are lucky than most. I'm also under FSW Cat 1 and my medical request seems to have stuck somewhere in the system perhaps due to the delays caused by CIC shifting its resources (if thats the true reason for delays). They received my full application in London on 31st July and I have yet to pass the major hurdle of having my case processed and medical request issued. You guys are still way ahead in the game.
Hi Edo
My full application was send to London 15/5/09 & it was nearly 4 months after this that CHC sent a medical request so if this is anything to go by you've not had to wait any longer than me and you could receive your medical request before the months out, provided somebody at CHC is still working on your file. Hope you hear positive news soon.

regards
Joinerboy
Old Nov 11th 2009, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

drabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Edo

Joinerboy is right. My wait was nearly five months from sending the full application to London, to getting the meds request. My case is a straightforward one, as well. So, based on my experience and others, it looks like you may have another month or so to wait, all being well

The original suggestion was that FSW would take 6-12 months to be processed, from start to finish. It looks like 12 months is much closer to what you should expect.

Alanb
Old Nov 11th 2009, 7:42 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=joinerboy;8089355]
Originally Posted by Bali2010

Hi Bali
Thanks for your posting,
I starting counting from the day i gave it to the man from Fedex to send to Sydney CIO upto and including yesterday. Here is the date counter link if you need it
http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html
Hope this of use and how its going with your application
regards
Joinerboy
Thanks Joinerboy

I'm not expecting to hear anything from CIO really until after Xmas.
Seems more recently up to 2 months from receipt for a contact from what I can see in timelines and then given Xmas holidays etc..anyway, a 120 day letter would be a good Xmas pressie but am ok for the New Year either.

Thanks
Bali

Last edited by Bali2010; Nov 11th 2009 at 7:43 pm. Reason: need spellcheck!
Old Nov 12th 2009, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

If you are in Canada already on a TWP you can expect to have to wait until the new year.
For Med Requests or PPR ??
Old Nov 12th 2009, 6:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi burton bunch
Are you waiting for a your med request? if you are hopefully for you they will still be sending out medical requests but it looks like they are holding back with the PPR's on the run up to the year end . I noticed you are on a Feb 2010 deadline . Hope you receive your med requests soon .
Regards
Joinerboy

Last edited by joinerboy; Nov 12th 2009 at 6:12 am.
Old Nov 12th 2009, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Targets are assigned to each visa office based on past levels of applications.
Hi Jim
Many thanks for the info
regards
Joinerboy
Old Nov 12th 2009, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joinerboy
Hi burton bunch
Are you waiting for a your med request? if you are hopefully for you they will still be sending out medical requests but it looks like they are holding back with the PPR's on the run up to the year end . I noticed you are on a Feb 2010 deadline . Hope you receive your med requests soon .
Regards
Joinerboy
Yeah now waiting for Med REquests
Old Nov 12th 2009, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Yeah now waiting for Med REquests
Hi
I would expect them to still be sending out med requests & think it will only be PPR 's that affect in the overall targets as this is the final stage apart from landing of course .
Hope you receive your med requests very soon

regards
Joinerboy