Slight 'minor' panic - TWP to CEC

Old Dec 4th 2016, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

Victoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Slight 'minor' panic - TWP to CEC

Hi all

Haven't had a panic for at least three days so here I go again!

Looking at CEC, I've just read that you need the EE points which I won't have even after a years employment . Points are :

EE points - 305
BC PNP - 107
Skilled worker- 83

Hubbys will be:

EE - 373
BC PNP - 106
He would go under federal Trades but can't find a separate points calculator although think it's same as EE?!

It looks like we can't go for PR although I'm hoping someone will tell me different!

Finally, if the above is OK, and assuming my eldest son gets his IEC knowing that they are only valid for one year, can he apply for a study permit in Canada without having to return to the UK because if we have to complete a years work to apply for PR, we don't want him to have to return back to Blighty on his own! This is obviously assuming that the capped age for dependent kids goes up to 22!

Thanks as always
Old Dec 4th 2016, 9:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Slight 'minor' panic - TWP to CEC

Originally Posted by Victoria34
Hi all

Looking at CEC, I've just read that you need the EE points which I won't have even after a years employment . Points are :

EE points - 305
BC PNP - 107
Skilled worker- 83

Hubbys will be:

EE - 373
BC PNP - 106
He would go under federal Trades but can't find a separate points calculator although think it's same as EE?!

It looks like we can't go for PR although I'm hoping someone will tell me different!

Finally, if the above is OK, and assuming my eldest son gets his IEC knowing that they are only valid for one year, can he apply for a study permit in Canada without having to return to the UK because if we have to complete a years work to apply for PR, we don't want him to have to return back to Blighty on his own! This is obviously assuming that the capped age for dependent kids goes up to 22!

Thanks as always
There is no points calculator for the skilled trades like the skilled worker i.e. 67 or over.
IEC work permits are valid for 24 months (2 years).
By the time you apply under the EE for CEC then things could have changed again.
Old Dec 4th 2016, 11:24 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Victoria34
Hi all

EE points - 305
BC PNP - 107
Skilled worker- 83

Hubbys will be:

EE - 373
BC PNP - 106

Thanks as always
As FL said, the IEC program is for a 2 year work permit.

Are you sure about your BC PNP score? There's a breakdown of points in their PDF for Skilled Workers (Non EE) - you can find it from the link on this page: https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-t...sked-Questions

Old Dec 5th 2016, 2:30 am
Forum Regular

Victoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you ! I can't remember where I read that the IEC was only one year so that's a huge relief ! Appreciated FL ! When you say change, I hope you mean for the better ! It's all been going quite well so far, that I am expecting something to go very wrong - not being able to get PR basically !

Siouxie, thanks so much. My score was from the SIRS calculator but nonetheless it still doesn't reach 135.

Actually, I have just seen that there is no need to hit 135. The draw minimum for a Skilled Worker was 80 as well as an EE Skilled worker, so that makes me feel better!!

https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-t...tions-to-Apply

Last edited by Victoria34; Dec 5th 2016 at 2:44 am. Reason: Found more info