Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Skilled Workers - How did you get the points ?

Skilled Workers - How did you get the points ?

Old Jun 12th 2005, 2:16 am
  #46  
Glasgow Rangers
 
Voyager970's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 1,548
Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skilled Workers - How did you get the points ?

Originally Posted by jjanj
Hello Eddie,
Thanks for your input however I do feel that you have also failed to read the entire thread properly and gain a full understanding of what has been said. I am not going to visit old ground again and this post is just to highlight that people are still not reading the posts properly. Frstly I was not the one being insulted it was actually others, I was just appalled at the insult. If you read the thread properly you will find that I am not alone as others were also offended.

Secondly whilst I find your unquestionable public display of loyalty and admiration for Andrew touching, however you are also be in the category that he and some others believe should not be considered for Canada. This is because you do not get the reqired all important minimum of 75 points. By your own estimation, you get 74 points. So aren't you happy that it's CIC making the rules?.

I do not expect you to take my word for this, just read his previous threads. You may well feel secure at the moment,but don't forget with 74 points you would not be permitted to be a member of what some (not everyone) feel to be an elitist club of 75 points and above. With a score of 74 points would you also in the eyes of some be relegated to the ranks of the uneducated, would your views be different then. CIC knows unlike some others that

Finally, If you feel you need to make further comment please read read the thread carefully and understand what has actually been said before doing so. But please let's keep it constructive and without insults. Aren't debates interesting
J
J

Where are the insults J !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been following this thread
I personally don't care about the points or how I am not the educated one if I do not have the magical 75 points

Fact, I am very well educated, what I have put on my reply is only the tip of the iceberg with regards my qualifications.
Yes I do not have the "one and only all singing and dancing degree. I reckon I am more educated that a lot of people with degrees etc. What a person does to get a degree is to go to uni for 4 years, that is all they do, what about life skills / experience.
They may not have any other work or experience at all !!!!!

The fact of the matter is that the current points is at 67, will it rise to 70,72.74,75, who the heck knows.
I am only glad that it is at 67, gives me the chance to do what I have always wanted to do, move to Canada with my family.
If it goes up to 75, then I will cross that bridge when I get to it. I am not going to worry about it, really pointless exercise worrying if the points will go up or not.

As it stands the CHC are only just making there quotas for issueing PR visa's, with the current pass mark at 67.
What would happen if they increase the mark, all those applications that are pending will be re-assesed and if they do not meet the criteria, then bobs your uncle, application will be returned, Canada may not meet its visa quota then.

So it is a vicious circle, increase pass mark could lead to less visa's being issued, less skilled workers ( and other workers ), less money for economy, more strain and pressure on the government etc etc etc !!!!!!!!

Keep pass mark the same, lets in more skilled workers ( and other workers ) creates more people wanting to move to Canada, what to people do, they hopefully get jobs, what do jobs create, money for the government in the way of taxes and other taxes, and so it goes on and on and on !!!!!!!!

So yes whilst I agree with all the posts on this thread, I do not agree that I have insulted anyone.

I am not loyal to Andrew, I only said that he gives his time and advice on this forum for nothing, nante, zilch, O. This is true, whether people want to believe indifferently. ( poaching for clients )

This is a forum for debates, so lets keep it at a debate, keep in constructive, informative, not a slagging match, or having a dig at people.

Eddie
Voyager970 is offline  
Old Jun 12th 2005, 4:29 am
  #47  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 62
jjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant future
Default Re: Skilled Workers - How did you get the points ?

Originally Posted by Voyager970
J

Where are the insults J !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been following this thread
I personally don't care about the points or how I am not the educated one if I do not have the magical 75 points

Fact, I am very well educated, what I have put on my reply is only the tip of the iceberg with regards my qualifications.
Yes I do not have the "one and only all singing and dancing degree. I reckon I am more educated that a lot of people with degrees etc. What a person does to get a degree is to go to uni for 4 years, that is all they do, what about life skills / experience.
They may not have any other work or experience at all !!!!!

The fact of the matter is that the current points is at 67, will it rise to 70,72.74,75, who the heck knows.
I am only glad that it is at 67, gives me the chance to do what I have always wanted to do, move to Canada with my family.
If it goes up to 75, then I will cross that bridge when I get to it. I am not going to worry about it, really pointless exercise worrying if the points will go up or not.

As it stands the CHC are only just making there quotas for issueing PR visa's, with the current pass mark at 67.
What would happen if they increase the mark, all those applications that are pending will be re-assesed and if they do not meet the criteria, then bobs your uncle, application will be returned, Canada may not meet its visa quota then.

So it is a vicious circle, increase pass mark could lead to less visa's being issued, less skilled workers ( and other workers ), less money for economy, more strain and pressure on the government etc etc etc !!!!!!!!

Keep pass mark the same, lets in more skilled workers ( and other workers ) creates more people wanting to move to Canada, what to people do, they hopefully get jobs, what do jobs create, money for the government in the way of taxes and other taxes, and so it goes on and on and on !!!!!!!!

So yes whilst I agree with all the posts on this thread, I do not agree that I have insulted anyone.

I am not loyal to Andrew, I only said that he gives his time and advice on this forum for nothing, nante, zilch, O. This is true, whether people want to believe indifferently. ( poaching for clients )

This is a forum for debates, so lets keep it at a debate, keep in constructive, informative, not a slagging match, or having a dig at people.

Eddie
Hello again Eddie,
I read you post and totally agree with almost everything you say and I believe that we are actually coming from the same direction. What you say is actually one of the best observations posted so far. I am not bitching about CIC policy I think they are doing the best they possibly can. I am also not bitching about the current pass mark of 67 because I believe it is definitely more realistic than 75 points nor am I bitching about the possibility of an increased pass mark, if it happens it happens.

We therefore would also appear to agree on that. As for your observations regarding meeting quotas, I think that Andrew may well disagree with you on that score. That is Not a dig at Andrew just an observation regarding what he has posted in the past. He has indicated that CIC had more than enough applicants even with a minimum pass mark of 75. His frustration would appear to be that it was not necessary for CIC to lower the pass mark to 67 because he believes it helped to create a large backlog. I would have to agree with you and with CIC in that if CIC felt they were getting the applicants they needed, they would not have lowered the pass mark. Your observations about Andrew were also partially correct. He has given out lots of excellent advice and many do owe thanks to him but just because the advice is free it does not mean that a bit of common courtesy should be neglected. Just my opinion.

My comments about insults were not directed at you so I apologise if you took it that way. As you have said Canada does need skilled tradespeople for it's economy to grow. But I am sure you will agree that just because a person is struggling to get the 67 points, although it may disqualify them for entry into Canada but it definitely does not mean that they must be uneducated. That is and has always been my point and the reason I commented on this thread.
Good luck with your application
J
jjanj is offline  
Old Jun 12th 2005, 4:48 am
  #48  
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
PMM's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 9,708
PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skilled Workers - How did you get the points ?

Hi

Originally Posted by jjanj
Hello again Eddie,
I read you post and totally agree with almost everything you say and I believe that we are actually coming from the same direction. What you say is actually one of the best observations posted so far. I am not bitching about CIC policy I think they are doing the best they possibly can. I am also not bitching about the current pass mark of 67 because I believe it is definitely more realistic than 75 points nor am I bitching about the possibility of an increased pass mark, if it happens it happens.

We therefore would also appear to agree on that. As for your observations regarding meeting quotas, I think that Andrew may well disagree with you on that score. That is Not a dig at Andrew just an observation regarding what he has posted in the past. He has indicated that CIC had more than enough applicants even with a minimum pass mark of 75. His frustration would appear to be that it was not necessary for CIC to lower the pass mark to 67 because he believes it helped to create a large backlog. I would have to agree with you and with CIC in that if CIC felt they were getting the applicants they needed, they would not have lowered the pass mark. Your observations about Andrew were also partially correct. He has given out lots of excellent advice and many do owe thanks to him but just because the advice is free it does not mean that a bit of common courtesy should be neglected. Just my opinion.

My comments about insults were not directed at you so I apologise if you took it that way. As you have said Canada does need skilled tradespeople for it's economy to grow. But I am sure you will agree that just because a person is struggling to get the 67 points, although it may disqualify them for entry into Canada but it definitely does not mean that they must be uneducated. That is and has always been my point and the reason I commented on this thread.
Good luck with your application
J

CIC was meeting its "quota" with the pass mark set at 75. The only reason why it was lowered was political, the Immigration lobby and various ethnic communities lobbied to have the pass mark lowered and as the government was going into an election, it was seen as good politics. Look at the backlogs, 4/5 years for a decision is ridiculous.

PMM
PMM is offline  
Old Jun 12th 2005, 7:29 am
  #49  
Gone Walkabout
 
Scouse's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 611
Scouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really nice
Default Re: Skilled Workers - How did you get the points ?

Reality check....it is really immaterial how many points you have. Your qualifications are probably almost worthless in Canada. Unless you are very lucky, or exceptionally qualified, you will have to start at the bottom.

I cannot cease to wonder at a system that requires 'X' amount of qualifications/experience, and then totally ignores it once you step off the plane full of hope and good intentions..... because your qualifications are not recognised in Canada, or you don't have Canadian work experience.

So, whether you have 67 points or 97 points, you are still just another immigrant trying to get a head start in a foreign land.

The only advice to anybody trying to emigrate anywhere is...fit in, or go home.

Harsh but true.
Scouse is offline  
Old Jun 12th 2005, 10:30 am
  #50  
Glasgow Rangers
 
Voyager970's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 1,548
Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skilled Workers - How did you get the points ?

Originally Posted by Scouse
Reality check....it is really immaterial how many points you have. Your qualifications are probably almost worthless in Canada. Unless you are very lucky, or exceptionally qualified, you will have to start at the bottom.

I cannot cease to wonder at a system that requires 'X' amount of qualifications/experience, and then totally ignores it once you step off the plane full of hope and good intentions..... because your qualifications are not recognised in Canada, or you don't have Canadian work experience.

So, whether you have 67 points or 97 points, you are still just another immigrant trying to get a head start in a foreign land.

The only advice to anybody trying to emigrate anywhere is...fit in, or go home.

Harsh but true.
Scouse, nice reality check !!!!!

Very true. I forgot all about your UK credentials being worth didly quat in Canada.

Och well, 4 year apprenticeship gone
ASME IX Welding ticket gone

Guess it will be back to square one for educating oneself !!!!!!

J point taken with regards people not meeting the 67 points, it does not mean they are not educated, infact in a lot of cases these guys are probably very well educated.

If my wife did not have relatives in Canada, I would have only made 69 points, now that would be a scary scenario, and I am well educated without a degree.

Eddie
Voyager970 is offline  
Old Jun 12th 2005, 11:44 am
  #51  
BE Enthusiast
 
dozzzzy's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 513
dozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skilled Workers - How did you get the points ?

Originally Posted by jjanj
His frustration would appear to be that it was not necessary for CIC to lower the pass mark to 67 because he believes it helped to create a large backlog.
I think you will find it was not CIC that lowered the Pass Mark, but the Canadian Parliament, CIC are just living with the fall out from that. CIC just do what their political masters tell them to do. With the Pass Mark at 75 there were still more than enough applicants to fill the quotas.

Don't take it out on Andrew, he tells questioners how it is, not what they want to hear, OK he may be a little blunt, get over it, and full fill the requirements as they stand and don't bother whining/bitching about how you would like them to be, you have to live in the real world and with the system as it is.

Dozzzzy
dozzzzy is offline  
Old Jun 12th 2005, 2:03 pm
  #52  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 62
jjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant future
Default Re: Skilled Workers - How did you get the points ?

Originally Posted by dozzzzy
I think you will find it was not CIC that lowered the Pass Mark, but the Canadian Parliament, CIC are just living with the fall out from that. CIC just do what their political masters tell them to do. With the Pass Mark at 75 there were still more than enough applicants to fill the quotas.

Don't take it out on Andrew, he tells questioners how it is, not what they want to hear, OK he may be a little blunt, get over it, and full fill the requirements as they stand and don't bother whining/bitching about how you would like them to be, you have to live in the real world and with the system as it is.

Dozzzzy
Dear Dozzzy,
Please read the posts carefully as I think you may be missing the point.
J
jjanj is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.