Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Skilled Workers - How did you get the points ?

Skilled Workers - How did you get the points ?

Old Jun 10th 2005, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skilled Workers - How did you get the points ?

Hi Tangram,

I have read this thread with interest as we are currently struggling to reach the pass mark, and wanted to post to say how we are trying to salvage our application in the hope it may help others .

First though, I do take offence at some on the forums who 'sneer' at people in our situation (less than 75 points). Maybe some should try getting their heads out of their a**!

I don't consider myself uneducated, and my husband definitely isn't, even though neither of us have degrees, though my husband has completed 2 years of a HNC and is a Project Manager.

We applied Skilled Worker back in Nov. 2003.

CHC have kindly given us some extra time to prove my post secondary qualifications and my DH is going to take the TEF shortly. When we receive the results we will send them + the documents relating to my education, which should earn me 3 points and my husband 2 points if he passes at basic standard. If we get turned down, then we will both probably go back to college for a year (my husband is missing 1 year from his education, otherwise he would've got 20 points rather than the 15 he has been awarded). Frustrating, but that's life.

We intend to apply again if our first application fails.

Good luck to those still in the system
Old Jun 10th 2005, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

Kazphillips will become famous soon enoughKazphillips will become famous soon enough

Hi

I have BA degree, am aged 28, have 4 years relevant work experience, full marks for English, none for French, no family or arranged employment which gives me 67 points. If I am able to add my husbands Diploma of Higher Education (he was doing aBachelors degree but only completed 2 years out of 3 and has been told by the Uni that this gains him a Diploma of HE) that makes 71.
Old Jun 10th 2005, 6:26 am
Account Closed

ClosedAccount-xyz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Tangram,
my position is that I would get even less points, as most of my time has been bringing up 3 kids inbetween temporary jobs throughout the years.
now that my youngest is in high school, i have been working full time as an lsa in a school for autism. I am in the middle of doing an nvq level 3 to do with the job. it will be the start of my third year there this september. Jeanette
Old Jun 10th 2005, 11:18 am
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

My position

12 years at primary and secondary,gained usual "O" levels and highers, then

4 year Apprenticeship City and Guilds Motor Vehicle Craft studies

7 years welding experience, all high pressure welding, again these jobs came up, applied for them with no formal qualifications in welding and hey got the jobs. I do not have any recognised qualifications in this, went back to old employers to get headed company paper stating full duties and responsibilities, salary's and time spent with company.

Back to school in 1996 for 2 years and in 2002 for 2 years to gain a 2 year HNC in Management
Total schooling including trade and other college courses = 20 years
Have family in Canada, no speaky the French lingo !!!
We managed 74 points

Hope this helps

Eddie
Old Jun 10th 2005, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

jjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Can't you read? I clearly wrote that people in circumstances you just indicated, who learned trade on the job will get their points (and often more than those with Bachelor degree) if they can prove their qualifications by obtaining proper diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship. Most will get such without attending any school if their well documented experience is recognized and accepted **in their country** by the institution authorized to issue trade certificates or diplomas/certificates attesting to the fact that they completed required training or apprenticeship in their profession. This is all you need.

I'm not "misinformed" - I'm well informed and experienced in what I do and am not annoyed by different point of view. "Different points of view" is irrelevant here - we are not in the discussion forum where you discuss your "points of view". It is forum focusing on rules, procedures and experience with immigration to Canada process, not on points of view.

You may not like what I say and how I say it, it is your right. But I will not sugarcoat anything what I say just to be liked by few who are looking here for moral support instead of seeking real, detailed answers to specific questions related to immigration process.

Just read other posts and tell me why those who spent their time (often getting deep into the debt of student loans) to gain university education or those without uni education who made that extra effort to get their hands on training recognized and attested to by trade certificates or diplomas should should have the same chances as those who decided not to get any certificate, regardless the fact that they have the opportunity to get one?

We are not talking here about Australia, we are dealing with Canadian rules. If you don't like Canadian rules then sorry, it is your choice. Our rules require certain degree, diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship to get certain number of points in education factor, period. You don't have it, you won't get the points, simple. You want it badly then get your points by getting first what is required. Or try Australia.

Dear Andrew
Please read the posts. You are still not reading the posts properly just calm yourself down and consider what Tangram first posted. Please also consider calmly what I have posted. Tangram is quite correct when he states there can be problems sometimes getting and proving the points as many have also experienced. They have been raised in a system that allows and accepts that a person can be highly skilled without having documents to prove it. Then life happens and people have to work to pay the bills. They can't afford to take time off from work to go to college and obtain a piece of paper to say that they can do a job that they have done for many years. However after many years people decide they might like to try migration and find themselves in a catch 22. It's not perfect but thats the way some systems work and many have difficulty being able to document their experience in a way that is acceptable to CIC. I believe that was Tangrams initial point.

I still stand by my comments that there was absolutely no need for you to insinuate that he and many others in a similar situation may be uneducated and not wanted in Canada. You absolutely and totally dropped a major clanger there which was hardly condusive to good customer relations. It was a totally unprovoked insulting and public attack which you are obviously not going to apologise for. What gives you the right to decide who should and who should not come to Canada. I am fully aware of your views regarding your dislike of the current points score but get over it. If you don't like such people then don't represent them or if you can't help being insulting to people then find a new profession. If you can't provide a constructive reply then don't post on issues that clearly upset you. You appear to me through your comments, as one who displays a form of prejudice against what you see as uneducated people just because they can't get at least 75 points. I would also like to know despite your strong views, if you still accept cilients with around the 67 points score that you dislike so much. Please Andrew, as you have quite rudely told many people in the past, read the post properly
J
Old Jun 10th 2005, 5:51 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

You still didn't get it. I didn't insinuate that Tangram or others are uneducated or not wanted in Canada - I stated that "Canada has enough uneducated and inexperienced people". It is a big difference. Tangram and others in his situation may be wanted once they prove their credentials by providing required certificates.

It is you and some other participants who usually read my posts with too much "sensitivity" and feel threatened by my comments who always misread what I write.

You can't prove your skills as per Regulations then no points for claimed education, sorry. Not enough points to reach pass mark = too bad.

Read responses from others in this thread who instead of arguing with the system did proper thing - got or are in the process of getting required certificates. And Tangram is from UK - on job training and apprenticeship is a well known way to obtain qualifications for centuries in UK. But only for those who want to go the extra mile....

Immigration to Canada is not a given right, it is a privilege one must earn by meeting or exceeding requirements. And if one doesn't want to earn it then it is not "damn CIC's" problem. Canadian immigration law, rules and programs are here to serve Canada and Canadian economy, not to serve potential immigrants. Maybe brutal, maybe even you will again say that I'm insulting someone - so be it. If you can't grasp this basic concept (immigration programs serving Canada not immigrants) then there is nothing to argue about as our positions will differ.

And my presence here is not to "troll for business" as you insinuate. I don't ask for business here and have never asked. I provide help and answers for free, I am helping those who seek help to work through the system by showing how to comply with rules and work within rules, by showing how to not only meet requirements but most importantly how to conclusively document it - not by trying to argue with rules or by circumventing them in any way.

Obviously you don't like it. Your presumption that I'm here to "troll for business" and your obvious hatred of such presumed trolling blinds your judgment.

We have already argued the same matter couple weeks ago in the thread "Why are so many people upset about the lower passmark" you started here, claiming that Canada discriminates against applicants without university degree. There must be a reason why you don't like people with university degree, reason serious enough (from your perspective) that you don't want to see that tradesperson gets more points than person with uni degree on Bachelor's level. And you copied same phrases you used in that thread into the current one for the sake of arguing same points.

Originally Posted by jjanj
Dear Andrew
Please read the posts. You are still not reading the posts properly just calm yourself down and consider what Tangram first posted. Please also consider calmly what I have posted. Tangram is quite correct when he states there can be problems sometimes getting and proving the points as many have also experienced. They have been raised in a system that allows and accepts that a person can be highly skilled without having documents to prove it. Then life happens and people have to work to pay the bills. They can't afford to take time off from work to go to college and obtain a piece of paper to say that they can do a job that they have done for many years. However after many years people decide they might like to try migration and find themselves in a catch 22. It's not perfect but thats the way some systems work and many have difficulty being able to document their experience in a way that is acceptable to CIC. I believe that was Tangrams initial point.

I still stand by my comments that there was absolutely no need for you to insinuate that he and many others in a similar situation may be uneducated and not wanted in Canada. You absolutely and totally dropped a major clanger there which was hardly condusive to good customer relations. It was a totally unprovoked insulting and public attack which you are obviously not going to apologise for. What gives you the right to decide who should and who should not come to Canada. I am fully aware of your views regarding your dislike of the current points score but get over it. If you don't like such people then don't represent them or if you can't help being insulting to people then find a new profession. If you can't provide a constructive reply then don't post on issues that clearly upset you. You appear to me through your comments, as one who displays a form of prejudice against what you see as uneducated people just because they can't get at least 75 points. I would also like to know despite your strong views, if you still accept cilients with around the 67 points score that you dislike so much. Please Andrew, as you have quite rudely told many people in the past, read the post properly
J

Last edited by Andrew Miller; Jun 10th 2005 at 6:13 pm.
Old Jun 10th 2005, 7:44 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

You still didn't get it. I didn't insinuate that Tangram or others are uneducated or not wanted in Canada - I stated that "Canada has enough uneducated and inexperienced people". It is a big difference. Tangram and others in his situation may be wanted once they prove their credentials by providing required certificates.

It is you and some other participants who usually read my posts with too much "sensitivity" and feel threatened by my comments who always misread what I write.

You can't prove your skills as per Regulations then no points for claimed education, sorry. Not enough points to reach pass mark = too bad.

Read responses from others in this thread who instead of arguing with the system did proper thing - got or are in the process of getting required certificates. And Tangram is from UK - on job training and apprenticeship is a well known way to obtain qualifications for centuries in UK. But only for those who want to go the extra mile....

Immigration to Canada is not a given right, it is a privilege one must earn by meeting or exceeding requirements. And if one doesn't want to earn it then it is not "damn CIC's" problem. Canadian immigration law, rules and programs are here to serve Canada and Canadian economy, not to serve potential immigrants. Maybe brutal, maybe even you will again say that I'm insulting someone - so be it. If you can't grasp this basic concept (immigration programs serving Canada not immigrants) then there is nothing to argue about as our positions will differ.

And my presence here is not to "troll for business" as you insinuate. I don't ask for business here and have never asked. I provide help and answers for free, I am helping those who seek help to work through the system by showing how to comply with rules and work within rules, by showing how to not only meet requirements but most importantly how to conclusively document it - not by trying to argue with rules or by circumventing them in any way.

Obviously you don't like it. Your presumption that I'm here to "troll for business" and your obvious hatred of such presumed trolling blinds your judgment.

We have already argued the same matter couple weeks ago in the thread "Why are so many people upset about the lower passmark" you started here, claiming that Canada discriminates against applicants without university degree. There must be a reason why you don't like people with university degree, reason serious enough (from your perspective) that you don't want to see that tradesperson gets more points than person with uni degree on Bachelor's level. And you copied same phrases you used in that thread into the current one for the sake of arguing same points.
I think for the sake of the peace everyone, and I mean everyone unfortunately, should stop posting to this particular thread.

Thanks for the feedback from people who actually answered my original question of how did they obtain their points. This was the original idea in the first post and remained so. My other thread of 'damn CIC' which was supposed to be a little joke of frustration seems also to have been taken incorrectly by some, so the same probably goes for that one.

Anyway, thanks for the answers to how YOU obtained your points and best of luck to everyone.

Paul.

Last edited by Tangram; Jun 10th 2005 at 7:49 pm.
Old Jun 10th 2005, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

Azam Ali will become famous soon enough

I am the one which confirm that Andrew is not here for business, I have been taking advantage of his kindness and generosity for quite some times, even to extent taking his advise privately through direct emails.

Never ever he tried to push for business, in fact one time i even asked him to handle a small matter for fee, but he was kind and professional enough to tell me that this is very simple job, asked me to it myself (which i did it). By the way another lawyer would like to charge quite substantial sum for same one.

It shows what kind of person he is. You might disagree with him on certain things but he deserves our respect for what he is doing here.
Old Jun 10th 2005, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

jjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant futurejjanj has a brilliant future

Wrong again Andrew Calm yourself down and pleases read my post slowly and properly. Canada Does not discriminate against people without degrees thats why they dropped the pass mark, and that was precisely my point. Others can judge what I said by reading the particular post you refer to. its people like you who constantly whine about the low passmark and that in your opinion it should be raised. You have proved that in your remarks.

I apologise to Tangram but unfortunately you have opened a can of worms and I feel the debate should continue. While I disagree about what was said to you, I am here not solely to defend you but provide information to others regarding the myth that this forum is one big happy family with everyone pulling towards a common goal. It should be but unfortunately it is not. I want first time posters to be aware that not everyone is rude or unsupportive especially when they think they have a problem. On the other hand I am not a do- gooder either I just want people to get a fair go thats all.

I feel that this behavior should be exposed wort's and all. This post will provide valuable information for future applicants in a similar situation who may be able to make an informed decision based on opinions posted. They may then gain a true insight the the true feelings of agents who they may consider to represent them in border line cases. This is precisely the type of debate the forum needs.

Tangram, others have also made reference on this thread about their displeasure at people bagging out those who can only score around 67 points. There are those out there who because of their attitude may well offer poor advice to those struggling and it is important to inform people that points prejudices do actually exist. By having this info people will hopefully double check the advice given thus maximising their chances of success.

Lets take your case Tangram, what if you had taken Andrews comments to heart and as being gospel and as a result you withdrew your application. You and your family would have been denied the opportunity to seek what you believe, a better life. Fortunately you did not but there are those out there of a frail disposition who because an immigration consultant said those things, they would have lost heart and not bothered.

I did not intend to reply again but the nature of forums is to allow a person to respond especially when the public allegations are incorrect. Andrew has displayed so far on this thread his inability to read posts correctly. This is precisely what has has done yet again with regards to a past post I made.

My original query was why [B]some people (Not CIC) who can score 75 points look down on those who can only score 67 points and want the points raised again. This is thankfully not an attitude shared by Canada CIC.The answer is self interest.

If the 67 points people were scrapped the 75 pointers would be processed quicker and would not have to compete so fiercely for jobs, in short self preservation. I also strongly suspect that since the points were reduced, the number of people who now fill in their own applications without an agents representation has increased dramatically. If someone can provide a better theory as to the reason why some people want the points raised to the level of 75 I would like to hear it.

At this point I must also say that I am not anti agent. I have witnessed many posts submitted by Jim Humphries and can honestly say he has always been polite even in times when harsh realities need to be faced. He is also informative, compassionate and and extremely tactful and his professional integrity is beyond reproach.

Finally At no point have I criticized CIC Andrew has yet again failed to understand the post. On the contrary I think CIC are being as fair as they possibly can under the difficult circumstances especially with substitute assessment and no matter what Andrew says substitute assessment is an option albeit a slight one as clearly stated in the manual. Please people and Andrew included, lets not forget if CIC did not think 75 points was too high, they would not have dropped it to 67. Well done CIC. And congrats to Tangram for starting such a debate.
J

PS I still think Andrew should apologise.
Old Jun 10th 2005, 10:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Single Bachelor's degree holder or tradesperson with just 2 years diploma, certificate or apprenticeship and 14 years of education, fluent in just one of 2 official languages in Canada, aged 21-49 and with 4 years of work experience reaches exactly the current pass mark of 67 points, without any need for relatives in Canada, job offer, educated spouse or second language.

How would a tradesman with apprenticeship have 14 years of education?

To start a apprenticeship grade 10 was generally when you left school then did a 4 year apprenticeship, so does a person add the appenticeship years to the education total?

Also where does the apprenticeship get counted because its not full time college education much of it is on the job training?

Thanks
Old Jun 10th 2005, 10:24 pm
Gone Walkabout

Scouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really nice

For telling it like it is?? Get a life, please!!
Old Jun 11th 2005, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

ChicagoJer is an unknown quantity at this point

If Andrew argues for a higher passmark, his point is that a higher passmark will speed up processing for everyone. When the passmark was 75 points, the major visa posts had more than enough applicants to meet their annual quotas. Lowering the passmark to 67 dramatically raises the number of applications in the system, thus slowing down things for everyone.

Also, since there is always the possibility that the passmark can be raised again- to 70 or 75 points or whatever- I assume that Andrew would advise his clients with 67-69 points to do the necessary work to raise their points in the event that the passmark increases at some point in the future. Under Canadian law, a higher passmark would apply to people with applications in the queue, thus creating a lot of heartache and disappointment. Have you considered that Andrew's past recommendations for individuals to raise their points may stem from a genuine concern that they avoid this situation?

I can't detect a bias against those without university degrees- he's said over and over that those w/ trade certifications can potentially have more points than those w/ a bachelors from university.

The vast amount of Andrew's business comes from referrals; only a tiny percentage of his clients come from this forum. He provides an invaluable service- he's answered thousands of questions on this forum- free of charge- to individuals who are not his clients.

Wrong again Andrew Calm yourself down and pleases read my post slowly and properly. Canada Does not discriminate against people without degrees thats why they dropped the pass mark, and that was precisely my point. Others can judge what I said by reading the particular post you refer to. its people like you who constantly whine about the low passmark and that in your opinion it should be raised. You have proved that in your remarks.

I apologise to Tangram but unfortunately you have opened a can of worms and I feel the debate should continue. While I disagree about what was said to you, I am here not solely to defend you but provide information to others regarding the myth that this forum is one big happy family with everyone pulling towards a common goal. It should be but unfortunately it is not. I want first time posters to be aware that not everyone is rude or unsupportive especially when they think they have a problem. On the other hand I am not a do- gooder either I just want people to get a fair go thats all.

I feel that this behavior should be exposed wort's and all. This post will provide valuable information for future applicants in a similar situation who may be able to make an informed decision based on opinions posted. They may then gain a true insight the the true feelings of agents who they may consider to represent them in border line cases. This is precisely the type of debate the forum needs.

Tangram, others have also made reference on this thread about their displeasure at people bagging out those who can only score around 67 points. There are those out there who because of their attitude may well offer poor advice to those struggling and it is important to inform people that points prejudices do actually exist. By having this info people will hopefully double check the advice given thus maximising their chances of success.

Lets take your case Tangram, what if you had taken Andrews comments to heart and as being gospel and as a result you withdrew your application. You and your family would have been denied the opportunity to seek what you believe, a better life. Fortunately you did not but there are those out there of a frail disposition who because an immigration consultant said those things, they would have lost heart and not bothered.

I did not intend to reply again but the nature of forums is to allow a person to respond especially when the public allegations are incorrect. Andrew has displayed so far on this thread his inability to read posts correctly. This is precisely what has has done yet again with regards to a past post I made.

My original query was why [B]some people (Not CIC) who can score 75 points look down on those who can only score 67 points and want the points raised again. This is thankfully not an attitude shared by Canada CIC.The answer is self interest.

If the 67 points people were scrapped the 75 pointers would be processed quicker and would not have to compete so fiercely for jobs, in short self preservation. I also strongly suspect that since the points were reduced, the number of people who now fill in their own applications without an agents representation has increased dramatically. If someone can provide a better theory as to the reason why some people want the points raised to the level of 75 I would like to hear it.

At this point I must also say that I am not anti agent. I have witnessed many posts submitted by Jim Humphries and can honestly say he has always been polite even in times when harsh realities need to be faced. He is also informative, compassionate and and extremely tactful and his professional integrity is beyond reproach.

Finally At no point have I criticized CIC Andrew has yet again failed to understand the post. On the contrary I think CIC are being as fair as they possibly can under the difficult circumstances especially with substitute assessment and no matter what Andrew says substitute assessment is an option albeit a slight one as clearly stated in the manual. Please people and Andrew included, lets not forget if CIC did not think 75 points was too high, they would not have dropped it to 67. Well done CIC. And congrats to Tangram for starting such a debate.
J

Old Jun 11th 2005, 3:03 am
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Andrew apologise for what

For being honest and truthful, does the truth hurt !!!!!!!

Get a grip jjanj and get off his case !!!!!!!!

This guy has provided all of here on this forum, myself included, free invaluable advice that has assisted all of us in our quest for permanent residency into Canada.

What does he get in return, certainly no monetary reward from this forum, no money from the people that he has given advice to, he may get the odd client from this forum, how is that poaching for business.

He doesn't do this for the love of it, he does it to help individuals who struggle with the mountain of legislation involved with immigration

I think you should apolgise to Andrew for bringing his reputation on this forum into disrepute

Eddie
Old Jun 11th 2005, 3:22 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, years of formal apprenticeship or training resulting in trade certificate or diploma (an educational credential) count as years of education.

Originally Posted by jad n rich
How would a tradesman with apprenticeship have 14 years of education?

To start a apprenticeship grade 10 was generally when you left school then did a 4 year apprenticeship, so does a person add the appenticeship years to the education total?

Also where does the apprenticeship get counted because its not full time college education much of it is on the job training?

Thanks
Old Jun 11th 2005, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Voyager970
Andrew apologise for what

For being honest and truthful, does the truth hurt !!!!!!!

Get a grip jjanj and get off his case !!!!!!!!

This guy has provided all of here on this forum, myself included, free invaluable advice that has assisted all of us in our quest for permanent residency into Canada.

What does he get in return, certainly no monetary reward from this forum, no money from the people that he has given advice to, he may get the odd client from this forum, how is that poaching for business.

He doesn't do this for the love of it, he does it to help individuals who struggle with the mountain of legislation involved with immigration

I think you should apolgise to Andrew for bringing his reputation on this forum into disrepute

Eddie
Hello Eddie,
Thanks for your input however I do feel that you have also failed to read the entire thread properly and gain a full understanding of what has been said. I am not going to visit old ground again and this post is just to highlight that people are still not reading the posts properly. Frstly I was not the one being insulted it was actually others, I was just appalled at the insult. If you read the thread properly you will find that I am not alone as others were also offended.

Secondly whilst I find your unquestionable public display of loyalty and admiration for Andrew touching, however you are also be in the category that he and some others believe should not be considered for Canada. This is because you do not get the reqired all important minimum of 75 points. By your own estimation, you get 74 points. So aren't you happy that it's CIC making the rules?.

I do not expect you to take my word for this, just read his previous threads. You may well feel secure at the moment,but don't forget with 74 points you would not be permitted to be a member of what some (not everyone) feel to be an elitist club of 75 points and above. With a score of 74 points would you also in the eyes of some be relegated to the ranks of the uneducated, would your views be different then. CIC knows unlike some others that

Finally, If you feel you need to make further comment please read read the thread carefully and understand what has actually been said before doing so. But please let's keep it constructive and without insults. Aren't debates interesting
J

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.