Wikiposts

Skilled Worker Visa Requirements

Old Jan 2nd 2011, 9:21 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skilled Worker Visa Requirements

Both options, although personally I'd forget no. 2 unless you speak reasonable French and have a genuine desire to live in QC.

Seems the visa assessments you've done haven't been particularly good - no mention of NS or MB PNP's I take it? Much better idea than QC if you don't speak French. I'd do another assessment if I were you, do a search on the forum to find an immigration consultant that has been recommended recently.

Old Jan 3rd 2011, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

bigjim81 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks, I will try another consultant. Not sure about Nova Scotia and Manitoba though, I thought both provinces required a job offer down the skilled worker route?
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 5:22 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

...seeing this thread just now.. thought I might give my 5 cents.
I am in Manitoba and help with immigration/settlement in our area.

Yes, there are options in MB without a job offer. The WHV is a very good one. Once you are 6 month with the same employer and he offers you further fulltime permanent work, you can apply to the PNP program (employer direct stream).

Another way is the strategic stream (very similar to the community stream in NS I believe). You need to get connections with regions/communities (outside of Winnipeg), which then can help you to an exploratory visit/interview with PNP officers...which a positive outcome of interview will then lead to an invitation to apply to PNP via strategic stream.

check out www.immigratemanitoba.com ..especially look as well into the application kit, as it tells you there, what you need to for the different streams.

As for job prospects... mmmm.. teaching degrees are not recognized like that, do search on MB website what it takes. IT I have not much of an idea...so unless you are flexible ..that might be a challenge.

cheers
Ilse
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 5:28 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

..oh.. forgot to mention: Via strategic stream you can apply from your country for PNP, once you have that, you have the option to come to Canada with a WP (if you have found an employer, you wouldn't need an LMO in this case) or you can apply for PR from home country and only arrive being a PR.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 7:21 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigjim81
thanks, I will try another consultant. Not sure about Nova Scotia and Manitoba though, I thought both provinces required a job offer down the skilled worker route?
They do, for the Skilled Worker route. But there are many different streams of each PNP, don't just focus on one part of it. As Manitobain said, there are options such as the Nova Scotia Community Identified Stream, or MB Strategic Stream which do not require a job offer.

Have another read of the PNP's websites to explore all the options, and try another visa assessment or two.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

bigjim81 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the advice, I will look into the different streams for MB and NS.