British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Skilled Worker Visa - London Visa Office Acknowledgement (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/skilled-worker-visa-london-visa-office-acknowledgement-646340/)

Lyndsay13 Dec 28th 2009 10:59 am

Skilled Worker Visa - London Visa Office Acknowledgement

Hi, we submitted our application to the London visa office for the skilled worker visa 8th September 2009 but have yet to receive acknowledgement from them that they have recieved it. We have entered our B0 number on the tracker on the CIC website that Nova Scotia assigned us but it does not come up with any information yet. Has anyone else who has submitted their application received their acknowledgment yet?

brit_in_cape_breton Dec 28th 2009 5:00 pm

Re: Skilled Worker Visa - London Visa Office Acknowledgement

Originally Posted by Lyndsay13 (Post 8200758)
Hi, we submitted our application to the London visa office for the skilled worker visa 8th September 2009 but have yet to receive acknowledgement from them that they have recieved it. We have entered our B0 number on the tracker on the CIC website that Nova Scotia assigned us but it does not come up with any information yet. Has anyone else who has submitted their application received their acknowledgment yet?

Hi, the only acknowledgement I received from London was when I got an email to say my application had been approved! I tried many times to enter the B0 immigration file number on the CIC site, but never got anything, even now. It does some on their site it only gets updated once a week.

I think its just a waiting game and keep your fingers crossed.
I assume your applied under the NS PNP?

Lyndsay13 Dec 28th 2009 5:19 pm

Hi, thanks for the reply. We're applying for the permanent residency under the skilled worker visa and have already had our application passed by Nova Scotia so are just waiting on London now.

When did you send your app to London and how long was your wait until it was approved?

EVA3695 Dec 28th 2009 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by Lyndsay13 (Post 8200758)

You could try entering England as your country instead of UK when using E-cas....it is a common mistake and the immgration file number may be located then....As you can see from my signature we NEVER recieved an AOR (Acknowledgement from London) - we just had the medical requests through the post. Our start to finish was 8 months. We have been in Canada since 2007 though so unsure if this is the norm.

Lyndsay13 Dec 28th 2009 6:24 pm

Oh My God!!! Thank you so much for that brilliant piece of advice!!!! I changed the details to England rather than the UK and we are 'In Process' as of 14th December!! :D
Fingers crossed now that everything goes through ok.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Flyingscottie Dec 28th 2009 6:29 pm

Hiya, we may be on the same timeline as you. Submitted to London in September and received our AOR and medical requests in the last few days - we have been ACCEPTED (subject to medical of course)!!!!!!!!

You should here soon x