Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Skilled Worker In UK Moving To Canada

Skilled Worker In UK Moving To Canada

Old Dec 3rd 2014, 3:56 am
Just Joined

jot17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Skilled Worker In UK Moving To Canada

hey guys, i ve just signed up to this great forum, i hope you gys are all well and any info will be great, ive read up on what i need to do to move to canada, i know you guys have prob covered this numerous of times but please dont hate me lol, i have got a dipolma in bricklaying comes under the section of NOC 7205, i have got 3years of working as a bricklayer, and also calculated the points scheme and have got 68points, i have read up on wiki and learnt on what to do, but when can i apply and how. ive gone on to the CIC website and they have said theres a new electronic system to come in on the 1 JAN 2015 so do i wait or can i apply now im confused and is there anything i should know that i might not have covered.

Thank You For Reading & Your Help

Jot
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 4:19 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skilled Worker In UK Moving To Canada

Originally Posted by jot17
hey guys, i ve just signed up to this great forum, i hope you gys are all well and any info will be great, ive read up on what i need to do to move to canada, i know you guys have prob covered this numerous of times but please dont hate me lol, i have got a dipolma in bricklaying comes under the section of NOC 7205, i have got 3years of working as a bricklayer, and also calculated the points scheme and have got 68points, i have read up on wiki and learnt on what to do, but when can i apply and how. ive gone on to the CIC website and they have said theres a new electronic system to come in on the 1 JAN 2015 so do i wait or can i apply now im confused and is there anything i should know that i might not have covered.

Thank You For Reading & Your Help

Jot
Hi and welcome to BE.

68 points isn't relevant, as bricklaying isn't on the list of eligible occupations for Skilled Worker occupations.

But as you've seen, there's a whole new system coming in very soon, so you'd have no hope of getting any application in before then anyway by then time you've booked your IELTS exam, got your police certs, all your documents i.e. qualifications, references, proof of funds, etc, etc.

So best thing to do is keep an eye on the CIC website, and this forum, you can read more about the new Express Entry system on the immigration section of the forum (where I'll move this to now).

HTH, good luck.
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 6:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi and welcome to BE.

68 points isn't relevant, as bricklaying isn't on the list of eligible occupations for Skilled Worker occupations.

But as you've seen, there's a whole new system coming in very soon, so you'd have no hope of getting any application in before then anyway by then time you've booked your IELTS exam, got your police certs, all your documents i.e. qualifications, references, proof of funds, etc, etc.

So best thing to do is keep an eye on the CIC website, and this forum, you can read more about the new Express Entry system on the immigration section of the forum (where I'll move this to now).

HTH, good luck.
Hi, thanks,

So shall I wait till the 1st jan, and apply then? Sorry if that's a silly question, I have a diploma so would that not help? Also if I do apply how shall I not as a skilled worker?

Thanks
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 6:29 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Bricklayer is on the list for FSW Trades, however, you would be hard tasked to complete all the steps required in 3 weeks. You would need either the offer of employment or certificate of qualification from the Province you are hoping to move to, prior to applying. To do this by January 1st is virtually impossible, unfortunately.

Perhaps you could look into the details required so as to be able to apply under the Express Entry System in January (provided Bricklayers are still on the list then). I'm not sure how the EES will impact the FSW Trades but you can read more on the link at the top of the page 'Express Entry'.

7281 Bricklayers
Applications being accepted—Skilled Trades

Last edited by Siouxie; Dec 3rd 2014 at 6:33 am.
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 6:33 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Bricklayer is on the list for FSW Trades, if you qualify and get everything done before 1st January it would probably be easier to apply now - however, you would be hard tasked to complete all the steps required in 3 weeks.

7281 Bricklayers

Hi,

Thank you, I come under the number 7205, can you please tell me what I need to apply and where do I apply, also if I start applying now can I not just carry it on past the 1st jean how does it work.
Thank you
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 6:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Bricklayer is on the list for FSW Trades, however, you would be hard tasked to complete all the steps required in 3 weeks. You would need either the offer of employment or certificate of qualification from the Province you are hoping to move to, prior to applying. To do this by January 1st is virtually impossible, unfortunately.

Perhaps you could look into the details required so as to be able to apply under the Express Entry System in January (provided Bricklayers are still on the list then). I'm not sure how the EES will impact the FSW Trades but you can read more on the link at the top of the page 'Express Entry'.

7281 Bricklayers

Hi thanks,

So i should apply through EES, also read up on the EES and it will contain applicants applying through the FST which is what bricklaying comes under, so is it better of waiting till the 1st? But it when I click on FST it says apply now and tells me to do 3 steps will I have to do these steps for when I apply in jan?

Thank you
Sorry if these are dumb questions.
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Hasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond repute

well!

I suggest you start collecting your documents - the one which will take you time to collate: so you are ready to apply when the system opens in January...

1. find job and apply for it.
2. IELTS exam.
2. reference of employment of the past 10 years..which can be more challenging if you are self employed..containing the details which CIC want to be included in the reference.
etc
to know what you need just check the check list on the application form and read the application guideline!
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 4:38 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hasan78
well!

2. reference of employment of the past 10 years..which can be more challenging if you are self employed..containing the details which CIC want to be included in the reference.
What happens if you have worked for a company that is no longer around or as staff have changed they don't remember you to give the reference?
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 5:39 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jot17
Hi,

Thank you, I come under the number 7205, can you please tell me what I need to apply and where do I apply, also if I start applying now can I not just carry it on past the 1st jean how does it work.
Thank you
All the details on what you need and how to apply (as of now) are within the link I gave you. Your application would have to be submitted and received by CIC before 1st January in order to be processed under the present regulations - and it's not going to be possible for you to meet the requirements in time, unfortunately.

The EES will be totally different. You can read more here: Canada Gazette –