Wikiposts

Skilled worker processing

Old May 4th 2008, 5:40 am
50 and wanting to go back

jimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant future
Post Skilled worker processing

I read the Newspaper Canada emigrate once a month. They give current processing times for skilled workers, which seems to be about 2 months a month roughly.
As i understand it they request documents at a point in our application. Is that point when they process our application, or is it 3 months before they process our application?

I have estimated that we will be processed around August to November 2008 as our application was August 2006.

Any comments thanks Jim
Old May 4th 2008, 6:27 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skilled worker processing

The visa office will start looking at your file around that time and will probably write you to ask for updated application forms and documents.
Old May 4th 2008, 6:46 am
50 and wanting to go back

jimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: Skilled worker processing

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
The visa office will start looking at your file around that time and will probably write you to ask for updated application forms and documents.
thanks jim
Old May 4th 2008, 8:50 am
MSM
Forum Regular

MSM will become famous soon enough

Hi Jim,

We applied in October 2006, AOR January 2007. Can you advise what sort of timescale we'd be looking at? I appreciate this would be just an estimate on your part. Thanks.
Old May 4th 2008, 8:58 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

From what I read it would seem that your case will perhaps come into process at about the end of this year but timing is far from a sure thing nowadays.
Old May 4th 2008, 9:12 am
MSM
Forum Regular

MSM will become famous soon enough

From what I read it would seem that your case will perhaps come into process at about the end of this year but timing is far from a sure thing nowadays.
Thanks much appreciated.
Old May 4th 2008, 9:16 am
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

.....timing is far from a sure thing nowadays.
That's certainly seems to be the case - my AOR is June '05, and I'm not processed yet.
Old May 4th 2008, 9:47 am
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by R I C H
That's certainly seems to be the case - my AOR is June '05, and I'm not processed yet.

Don't you have arranged employment - can't you get it fast tracked?
Old May 4th 2008, 11:14 am
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G77
Don't you have arranged employment - can't you get it fast tracked?
I'm self-employed, so fast-tracking isn't isn't an option.
Old May 5th 2008, 2:01 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jim
Just trying to pick your brains for an opinion. We got our 60 day letter on 19th April and docs ready to go in tomorrow. We have noticed that some others have been getting their Med requests at the same time as their requests for documents and were just wondering if you have any idea why we didn't get ours? We would appreciate an insider slant on this one, or is it a case of either they forgot to include it or they didn't want to include it...or is it that it depends who you get on the day. there does not seem to be any standard procedure happening, which makes it very difficult to gauge?

Out of desperation we have e-mailed CHC to ask if they have forgotten to send it out....don't know if we will get a reply, only time will tell
Thanks
Stef and Lins
Old May 5th 2008, 3:14 am

Medical issuance has several considerations including the expected time to complete background checks, selection decision etc.
Forgetfulness can also be a problem but is not so frequent as some here would have you believe.
Old May 5th 2008, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Medical issuance has several considerations including the expected time to complete background checks, selection decision etc.
Forgetfulness can also be a problem but is not so frequent as some here would have you believe.
Thanks for the quick reply Jim.

Do you think they will send them out once they get my e-mail. I am a bit twitchy due to wanting to be in Canada for the start of the educational year in September as my sons are at a point where they are likely to be affected, One moves into Senior education, which I feel is pointless for about a term...the whole uniform issue, new friends, strange environment etc. The other will move into year 9 when he will have to make a choice about which subjects to drop, which may not be what he would need to do in Canada.
lol
Stef and Lins
Old May 5th 2008, 5:07 am

Without a peek in your file I could not say what they will do when they get your email. Even then I would not necessarily be accurate. They may just be waiting for the info they requested.