skilled worker-- enquiry

Old Dec 31st 2007, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

markan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nice
Default skilled worker-- enquiry

On the above form, part 1 ,Education, I am unsure just how many points I should be scoring myself. My problem is as follows,upon leaving school I attended a Welding course for 3 months ,Full Time training. Over the last 20 years I have received a number of trade certificates, but I only have 11 years of full time study,6 at primary school and 5 at senior school.On the form it states at least 12 years of education must be completed,therefore does this mean that my certificates are worthless and I only score the minimum points for education.Somebody must have come accross this situation before, as in England without further education the maximum which can be obtained is 11 years.If anybody could make this any clearer or has any advice, please reply.Im going to Ontario on a TWP, then hoping to fast track a PR application,but if I only get minimum points for this category,I will be seriously close to the borderline points.
Old Dec 31st 2007, 1:23 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: skilled worker-- enquiry

I'm sorry but all you've got is secondary education completed - thus only 5 points. To claim 12 points you need not only 12 years of education but also a 1-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship, which you don't have. So, even if you would complete 12 years of secondary education but didn't have 1-year diploma/certificate/apprenticeship you would still only get 5 points.

You only listed 3-months welding program - it is not enough. You claim having "number of trade certificates" - can you list them and note next to each how long education or apprenticeship program you completed to obtain them?
Old Dec 31st 2007, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

markan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nice
Default Re: skilled worker-- enquiry

Thanks for your prompt reply Andrew.After taking the 3 months initial welding course ,which basically gets your foot into someones door,this is a trade which is mainly based on experience.Simplified, basically your employee or yourself coughs up between £200 and £1000s, you take the test ,all being well pass,then get issued pass certificates for whichever test youve taken,types of weld,different positions of weld etc.These can be achieved in a matter of days, if not hours. ill go onto CHC and retake the test,see what my points total is then. Once again THANKS.