Skilled Worker Class Fee

Old Nov 15th 2004, 3:54 pm
Just Joined

Solomon is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Skilled Worker Class Fee

I had submitted my application for immigration to canada under skilled worker class last month. I am married and have One nine months old baby boy.
In my application all of the details of my family is given as required, but now at this monent I am not willing to apply for my wife and son due to some financial problems. I am planning to apply for them from Canada after my case processing.
The problem is this the full application package of forms and my document's photocopies were returned to me with the objection that "Amount of fee paid is incorrect". I wrote them a letter describing that for one applicant the amount of fee is correct. It was again returned with the same and additional objection that "Method of payment is incorrect."
I had paid the fee in the designated branch of Standared Chartered Bank and the receipt was attached mentioning 550 CAD as paid Fee.

According to their attached fee schedule the method of payment and fee for one single applicant are correct.
Please somebody help me what to do?????
Please Please Please Please Please Please !!!!!

Last edited by Solomon; Nov 15th 2004 at 3:58 pm.
Old Nov 15th 2004, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

ChicagoJer is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: Skilled Worker Class Fee

Originally Posted by Solomon
I had submitted my application for immigration to canada under skilled worker class last month. I am married and have One nine months old baby boy.
In my application all of the details of my family is given as required, but now at this monent I am not willing to apply for my wife and son due to some financial problems. I am planning to apply for them from Canada after my case processing.
The problem is this the full application package of forms and my document's photocopies were returned to me with the objection that "Amount of fee paid is incorrect". I wrote them a letter describing that for one applicant the amount of fee is correct. It was again returned with the same and additional objection that "Method of payment is incorrect."
I had paid the fee in the designated branch of Standared Chartered Bank and the receipt was attached mentioning 550 CAD as paid Fee.

According to their attached fee schedule the method of payment and fee for one single applicant are correct.
Please somebody help me what to do?????
Please Please Please Please Please Please !!!!!
Was the cheque payable in Canadian funds and drawn on a Canadian bank? Also, was it made payable to "Receiver General for Canada"?

Standard Chartered bank is based in the UK and Hong Kong , and that might be part of the problem...
Old Nov 15th 2004, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

Post Re: Skilled Worker Class Fee

Originally Posted by ChicagoJer
Was the cheque payable in Canadian funds and drawn on a Canadian bank? Also, was it made payable to "Receiver General for Canada"?

Standard Chartered bank is based in the UK and Hong Kong , and that might be part of the problem...

The fee was paid to standared chartered bank, and on their special form of fee payment for immigration.
I also had asked one consultant he told me that may be they need "Power of attorny" from my wife that he can go without me?????
Old Nov 15th 2004, 4:25 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skilled Worker Class Fee

Hi Solomon

The fee was paid to standared chartered bank, and on their special form of fee payment for immigration.
I also had asked one consultant he told me that may be they need "Power of attorny" from my wife that he can go without me?????
If you are sure that the fee was paid correctly, then did you complete your application stating that your spouse and child were non accompanying? Thats the only reason that it should be returned for incorrect fees, if the fee was correctly made payable.

PMM
Old Nov 15th 2004, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

amina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Skilled Worker Class Fee

Hi,

Maybe CIC did not accept your payment because you did not include the fees of your dependents.

Old Nov 15th 2004, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi Solomon

If you are sure that the fee was paid correctly, then did you complete your application stating that your spouse and child were non accompanying? Thats the only reason that it should be returned for incorrect fees, if the fee was correctly made payable.

PMM

Yes Sir, I have clearly mentioned "One [1]" on the form IMM0008, where there is a question asking "How many family members (including your self) are including in this application for permanent residence in canada?"
Old Nov 15th 2004, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by amina
Hi,

Maybe CIC did not accept your payment because you did not include the fees of your dependents.

Yes may be but I had attached a cover letter mentioning that they are not included yet but after my case processing.!!!