Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Skilled worker - Buffalo transferred to Los Angeles

Skilled worker - Buffalo transferred to Los Angeles

Old Jan 27th 2010, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

alspackman is on a distinguished road
Default Skilled worker - Buffalo transferred to Los Angeles

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has recently had their applications forwarded to Los Angeles from Buffalo and if so, how long it took before they heard back.

Long story short, I applied through the skilled worker route in December 2008 (started the process in October 2008 prior to the change of SW categories) and the application was received and acknowledged in January 2009. Essentially the application is out of date as I applied under the old rules, but having contacted Buffalo yesterday (because I haven’t heard anything for 12 months) I was informed that they have forward the file onto LA.

Does anyone have similar experience with this please? Any information would be helpful….

Thanks
Old Jan 27th 2010, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

birtley will become famous soon enoughbirtley will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Skilled worker - Buffalo transferred to Los Angeles

Hi Alspackman,

we had our application transfered to LA last year. After our medicals etc were sent in our file was moved. They said it would be reviewed and we would be contacted in the usual 90 days but, our lawyer said it would take less time, and it did. It took about 65 days to get the paperwork to do the flagpole trip. We now have our PR cards which makes job hunting easier. Good luck with your results.