Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Skilled Worker Application Process - London

Wikiposts

Skilled Worker Application Process - London

Old Jan 2nd 2006, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

dozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Skilled Worker Application Process - London

Hi, I have been pondering this for a while. It would appear that the normal idealized application process for skilled worker applications would be something like

Applicant(steps in black) CIC (steps in blue)

Collect all Documentation and fill in forms
Submit to CIC
Paper Screen if OK, open file & send AOR
Receive AOR
Wait interminably
At some point initiate background check
IA
Initiate Security Check
Close to end of Security request Medicals
Receive Medical Request
Submit Medicals
Assess Medical and Security results
Request Passport
Send Passport
Stick visa in passport and return
Get very drunk and land at chosen port of entry

Now I have simplified the whole procedure, I'm sure, but it would appear from reading this and other forums over the last 18 months or so, that London skip the IA phase or at least first contact is either a interview request or medical request. So does London kick off both the background and security check, and any other checks, simultaneously? or does London just save postage and trees by not sending the IA letter, but still does the background check, then IA, followed by the security check?

A curious Dozzzzy
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 11:56 pm
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice
Default Re: Skilled Worker Application Process - London

This is just how I see the process for the Sydney office. It appears that PPR from Sydney comes within 2 months after medicals are submitted.
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

smitp11 will become famous soon enoughsmitp11 will become famous soon enough

I was under the impression that the security check was initiated at same time as medical request

Originally Posted by dozzzzy
Hi, I have been pondering this for a while. It would appear that the normal idealized application process for skilled worker applications would be something like

Submit to CIC
Receive AOR
Wait interminably
IA
Initiate Security Check
Receive Medical Request
Submit Medicals
Request Passport
Send Passport

Now I have simplified the whole procedure, I'm sure, but it would appear from reading this and other forums over the last 18 months or so, that London skip the IA phase or at least first contact is either a interview request or medical request. So does London kick off both the background and security check, and any other checks, simultaneously? or does London just save postage and trees by not sending the IA letter, but still does the background check, then IA, followed by the security check?

A curious Dozzzzy
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

dozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smitp11
I was under the impression that the security check was initiated at same time as medical request
I had it in my mind that CIC try to time the medical so it is assessed by the medical directorate at about the time the security check completes so that there wouldn't be undue delay post medical, as the security check can take quite a long time to come back this is not an exact science.

This may just be wishful thinking on my part that there is intelligence in the process

Dozzzzy
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 12:53 am
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice

Originally Posted by dozzzzy
I had it in my mind that CIC try to time the medical so it is assessed by the medical directorate at about the time the security check completes so that there wouldn't be undue delay post medical, as the security check can take quite a long time to come back this is not an exact science.

This may just be wishful thinking on my part that there is intelligence in the process

Dozzzzy
I think you are right about this. That was the point of my earlier post. There is no way that Sydney can complete security checks within six weeks (for one of the members of BE). London seems to have a similar process which appears to be different from most other visa posts.

smitp11, I think you are right for visa posts other than Sydney and London.
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 12:55 am
BE Enthusiast

NikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant future

Submit to CIC
Receive AOR
Wait interminably
IA
Initiate Security Check
Receive Medical Request
Submit Medicals
Request Passport
Send Passport

Its good to see the whole process simplified into steps. An additional step for us applicants while we are waiting interminably (especially for those with long timelines recorded on AOR) is providing additional info (updated police reports, change in circumstances, additional work experience etc).
Very useful though - thanks.
Nik