Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

SKILLED WORKER APPLICATION FORM - HELP

SKILLED WORKER APPLICATION FORM - HELP

Old Mar 31st 2008, 7:31 am
Just Joined

annfarnill is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SKILLED WORKER APPLICATION FORM - HELP

We have been completing the Application for Permanent Residence but the guidance notes are not too clear on a couple of the questions.

First, it asks 'where do you intend to live in Canda - city/town'. At the moment we want to move to Nova Scotia but as yet have not decided on an exact place. Do we put down Halifax? Does anyone know if this decision is then set in stone.

Second, when does 'formal education' begin? Secondary school or college/university?

Third, its asks to specify our children's marital status and to use the catagories provided. The children are aged 10 months, 3 and 5 years and the closest catagory is 'never married'. Do we leave it blank or put never married in!

Any help would be appreciated especially if you've completed the form yourself. I would hate to get 5 years down the line and the form bouned for some silly reason.

Many thanks
Old Mar 31st 2008, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

lauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to all
Default Re: SKILLED WORKER APPLICATION FORM - HELP

Hi There

There is no requirement to live where you put on the form, I'm not sure but I think it is more for the Canadian Govt to assess demand etc.

The Formal Education requirement includes primary school attendance.

The kids should be listed as never married.

Hope that helps

Tom
Old Apr 1st 2008, 5:08 am
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SKILLED WORKER APPLICATION FORM - HELP

Unless you have a job offer, I wouldnt bother applying.
Consensus seems to be that you've no hope of being processed- you'll just be in a ever increasing queue of people, with no chance of getting residency.