Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Skilled Worker App 120 days London UK

Wikiposts

Skilled Worker App 120 days London UK

Old Jul 20th 2010, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

ascotbilly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skilled Worker App 120 days London UK

Hi all, received confirmation this morning from Syndey to put together app to London. Can anyone please advise.

1.) Which long lead items I should get sorted first. the University Certifcate
Verification requirement seems an obvious one.

2.) My app is going to London under review against the 32 job list any idea of processing times appreciated.

Many Thanks
Old Jul 21st 2010, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Skilled Worker App 120 days London UK

Originally Posted by ascotbilly
Hi all, received confirmation this morning from Syndey to put together app to London. Can anyone please advise.

I don't think we can guess what things you need to get organized....do you have FBI certs to appy for, criminal rehabilitation etc etc
I would multitask and get it all applied for ASAP, it's amazing how fast 120's gets eaten up!

2.) My app is going to London under review against the 32 job list any idea of processing times appreciated.

Many Thanks
Finger in the air; processing times seem to be 6 to 12 months from 120 day approval, depending on demand and the complexity of your case

Good luck!
Old Jul 21st 2010, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

Thanks spaceace

Ours is a pretty straight forward app I hope! I'm working away from home at the moment don't have my file with me. Is there a link to cic etc that summarises the docs to be submitted in the 120 day period I canrefer to ?
Old Jul 21st 2010, 1:16 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ed-mission.asp
Old Jul 21st 2010, 6:10 am
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice

After sending the 120 mail response (all docs to London), i received the AOR 7 weeks later. It state that average processing times are 12 months.

I guess this could be expedited on need and want basis, and also, complexity of the application.

MS.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 6:15 am

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MapleSauce
After sending the 120 mail response (all docs to London), i received the AOR 7 weeks later. It state that average processing times are 12 months.

I guess this could be expedited on need and want basis, and also, complexity of the application.

MS.
Looks like we are running almost on the same timelines
Old Jul 21st 2010, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

princess caribou is on a distinguished road

Many Thanks
Hi ascotbilly,

We've just submitted our docs to London a few weeks ago.
Depending on how many job references you need to get I'd get started with them as a priority. Also if you haven't already, apply to the Inland Revenue for your NI history to cover any jobs you can't get refs for or don't have P45s or P60s for.
Our police checks came through in about 3 weeks.
My degree transcripts came through within a week but I wouldn't take that as a rule of thumb, I think I just happened to email an efficient person!
By far the most time consuming for us was getting all the job references together.
Another tip - I put a countdown widget on my i-google page - I found it very motivating to see how much time I had left to submit every time I logged on.
120 days seems long but believe me it's not!

Good luck with everything!
Old Jul 21st 2010, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

Hi Princess Caribou

Just want to no if you gave 10 years work references or from when you was 18.
In the process of gathering all my work history but the main problem i am having is all my past employers do not keep records that far back and will not provide a reference.If they do it will only be a standard reference as per company policy.

Thanks

graham
Old Jul 21st 2010, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice

Originally Posted by princess caribou
Hi ascotbilly,

We've just submitted our docs to London a few weeks ago.
Depending on how many job references you need to get I'd get started with them as a priority. Also if you haven't already, apply to the Inland Revenue for your NI history to cover any jobs you can't get refs for or don't have P45s or P60s for.
Our police checks came through in about 3 weeks.
My degree transcripts came through within a week but I wouldn't take that as a rule of thumb, I think I just happened to email an efficient person!
By far the most time consuming for us was getting all the job references together.
Another tip - I put a countdown widget on my i-google page - I found it very motivating to see how much time I had left to submit every time I logged on.
120 days seems long but believe me it's not!

Good luck with everything!

Just wanted to add the Notary part as well. That took some effort, and i nearly lost the will to live! lol
Old Jul 21st 2010, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

I recently had 3/4 documents notarised for work security passes. Sat in a poky reception for 30 minutes manned by a dragon that made a GPs receptionist seem full of joy. eventually honoured by an uppity notary who took said items from me. Another 30minutes wait till the dragon hands me a bill for 80 odd pounds plus VAT. Can't believe I'll be back there again you've gotta laugh else you'll go mad
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

princess caribou is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by graham and george
Hi Princess Caribou

Just want to no if you gave 10 years work references or from when you was 18.
In the process of gathering all my work history but the main problem i am having is all my past employers do not keep records that far back and will not provide a reference.If they do it will only be a standard reference as per company policy.

Thanks

graham
Hi Graham,

On forms that went to Nova Scotia in the personal history bit I went back to the age of 18 but for job refs for the final pack to London I went back 10 years.
I think it's a bit confusing!
The instructions I used to fill in the initial application for NS I downloaded from the CIC website in January 2010. In March after we had got our 120 day email the instructions on CIC had changed slightly so I used those ones to prepare the 120 day pack. On the instructions updated in March they were asking for 10 years job history. The instructions have changed again because of the changes to the rules but I would just use the ones that were current when you got your 120 day letter.
For hubby who is the main applicant I concentrated on getting references from all employers for the NOC code we are applying under. For the rest where I couldn't get a reference or the time worked in that job was short (i.e. less that a couple of months) I provided P45's etc and his NI history from the Inland Revenue.
Getting references was a nightmare for us. As a tradesman my husband has worked many jobs on temporary contracts and agency work etc and in 10 years he's had 17 jobs!
A lot of the references we got were just standard ones as for lots of companies and especially job agencies they will only give the bare minimum in information. We didn't have contracts for all jobs either.

Get as much as you can to cover you and hopefully that should be ok!

Also re notary - I think we went a bit notary-tastic and got nearly everything notarized (49 pieces of paper to be precise)! If we had had more time I would have shopped round a bit but we left it a bit late in the day and ended up paying a sum I'm too ashamed to admit!

Good luck with getting your pack together!