Skilled Worker Apllication

Old Jan 2nd 2008, 7:35 am
Just Joined

Rich n Emma is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skilled Worker Apllication

Hey all, we've just been filling out the SW application and it mentions in the guidelines about family members applying for PR as part of the apllication i have filled in my wife's and daughter's details on my application, does my wife need to submit her own for PR? Also it mentions whether my wife and daughter can communictate in French, my wife studied French at school for 4 years so has a basic understanding so do i just tick yes for communicating in French? Also, how do we pay the fees as you can't pay online at the mo.

Sorry for all the questions!!!

Feeling rather baffled at the mo!!!
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 7:43 am
Account Closed

Beebop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Skilled Worker Apllication

Originally Posted by Rich n Emma
Hey all, we've just been filling out the SW application and it mentions in the guidelines about family members applying for PR as part of the apllication i have filled in my wife's and daughter's details on my application, does my wife need to submit her own for PR? Also it mentions whether my wife and daughter can communictate in French, my wife studied French at school for 4 years so has a basic understanding so do i just tick yes for communicating in French? Also, how do we pay the fees as you can't pay online at the mo.

Sorry for all the questions!!!

Feeling rather baffled at the mo!!!
You include them on your application and fill in any extra forms for them.

Language ability needs to be proved with a recognised test so TEF for the french and my OH did IELTS to prove beyond doubt his points score. There is a lot of debate whether this is necessary for native speakers but using the alternative, the benchmarking guidelines, the standard of English required is high for maximum points and we didn't want to risk getting a lower points score on this as we do not have arranged employment.

I really think you need to be looking at the CIC website and getting a more thorough understanding of the forms. It is complicated and not something to be rushed even if time is short for you on land.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 7:52 am
Just Joined

Rich n Emma is an unknown quantity at this point

We've plenty of time hence the reason we're not trying to go down the route of getting jobs first. However seeing as it takes about 5 years we want to get everything moving as i don't want to upset our daughters schooling any more than necessary.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 8:11 am
Account Closed

Beebop is an unknown quantity at this point

We've plenty of time hence the reason we're not trying to go down the route of getting jobs first. However seeing as it takes about 5 years we want to get everything moving as i don't want to upset our daughters schooling any more than necessary.
I do mean take your time with applying as it does take a while for it all to sink in and it is easier to be sure you have it all correct than wait 5 years to find out that bit you were unsure about wasn't right.

But that is being pessimistic and I'm not meaning to put you off!!
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 8:26 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

does my wife need to submit her own for PR?
No.

Each family has a primary applicant, and the other family members are included on the primary applicant's application form.

You decide which member of the couple will look best in the eyes of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (which person is likely to earn the most points and so on), and you designate that person as the primary applicant.

Fees need to be in the form of a bank draft, denominated in Canadian dollars and made payable to the Receiver General for Canada.

Here's is CIC's web page regarding the skilled worker application.

I suggest you read the Guide to which that page provides a link.

The cover of the Guide states:
Visa office-specific appendices contain your local requirements. Instructions can be found on our Web site at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ed-mission.asp
If you go to that website, you find a link to the Visa Office Forms for London, UK. Fee payment instructions are item #13 on page 5 of that publication.

A previous discuss thread on fees may offer further assistance.