Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Skilled Worker - Adaptability Points

Wikiposts

Skilled Worker - Adaptability Points

Old Aug 31st 2007, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

xxKellyxx has a spectacular aura aboutxxKellyxx has a spectacular aura aboutxxKellyxx has a spectacular aura about
Default Skilled Worker - Adaptability Points

Hi all

I have a couple of burning questions, hope you can help answer them.

1. Under the adaptability section where you get an extra 5 points for Family in Canada (parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, sister, brother, niece, nephew, child or grandchild, spouse or common-law partner),
My uncle (by blood) and my aunt (by marriage) emigrated to Canada about 30 years ago. He died years ago but I still have my aunt in Canada who we are very close to (but she has remarried). Can I claim the 5 points even though she is an aunt through marriage? or not? and if so how do I prove the relationship?

2. Regarding the Education Points Factor - My OH went to college (to become an electrician) for 2 years. At the end of the 2 years he has passed 3 exams out of 4, failing one. Is he allowed to claim for 2 years or would it just be 1 for the exams he passed? (He has certificates for the exams that he passed)

We applied SW, AOR November 2005 and I am main applicant with 70 points anyway. At the time I didn't claim these points. Should I have? Just wondering whether to, with the 90 day letter approaching.

Phew, hope all that makes sense. Many thanks guys
Old Aug 31st 2007, 2:08 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Skilled Worker - Adaptability Points

Sorry, but it is a no on both accounts.