skilled visa waiting times

Old Feb 13th 2012, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

jaymat is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry skilled visa waiting times

hi all, newbie here,

i have contacted the Canadian embassy about my application status and they have advised me that instead of 150k applicants they thought they were getting they actually received 450k. and they still have 150k to process.

i am waiting for them to tell me to go for medicals and i started visa process july 2010. this is getting ridiculous.

anyone else in the same boat.
Old Feb 13th 2012, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

nerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nice
Default Re: skilled visa waiting times

Hi there,

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=746142

One of the many threads on the subject. The wait is long.
Old Feb 13th 2012, 5:37 pm
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jaymat
hi all, newbie here,

i have contacted the Canadian embassy about my application status and they have advised me that instead of 150k applicants they thought they were getting they actually received 450k. and they still have 150k to process.

i am waiting for them to tell me to go for medicals and i started visa process july 2010. this is getting ridiculous.

If you have the skill set of the chosen 29, apply again. if not, consider yourself lucky that you are in the queue. Others may never get the same opportunity.

Last edited by fletcher m; Feb 13th 2012 at 6:15 pm.
Old Feb 13th 2012, 6:23 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Wind your neck in and be patient. It took my application 3.5 years to get processed. If you're that keen to emigrate sooner rather than later do something positive about it, find a job, create work for yourself and move via a TWP.
Old Feb 13th 2012, 7:30 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

hi all, newbie here,

Has just taken us 17 months start to finish, FSW Cat 2.
Are you FSW and if so, Cat 1 or 2?

You seem to be waiting a little bit long for a MI2 applicant, as we began after you (Sept 2010) and ours is by no means the quickest.(There are a few others on this site still at the meds stage)

I know a lot of Cat 1s from that batch who have had their processing over and done with several months before us but Cat 2 seems to be taking significantly longer.

The spreadsheet at canadavisa.com has a lot of information on FSW applications and their processing times and from that I know that there has been a huge spread in when applicants at London who applied at the same time have received their visas.

Have you tried sending them a case specific e-mail?
Old Feb 13th 2012, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

Thanks guys for your comments, i am a cat 2 fsw waiting in London office, I'm going this route as my wife can work as well, I already have a job to go to but I don't want to go on temporary visa. I've just come back from Toronto after a week of visiting friends and really didn't want to come back to the uk. What is a case specific email? sorry if I sound stupid,
Thanks for your help in advance
Old Feb 13th 2012, 10:41 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys for your comments, i am a cat 2 fsw waiting in London office, I'm going this route as my wife can work as well, I already have a job to go to but I don't want to go on temporary visa. I've just come back from Toronto after a week of visiting friends and really didn't want to come back to the uk. What is a case specific email? sorry if I sound stupid,
Thanks for your help in advance
It is an e-mail you send to London VO quoting your UCI to ask about your file or send updated info such as change of address.
They have been good at replying to others recently and since you have been waiting for so long, it is about time you got some response!

I would send them one, saying that you have been in process for x months, that you are aware that many other applicants from the same time have had their visas some time ago, that you would have expected Medical Requests by now and asking what is holding up your file processing to the next stage
You may be lucky and get a response..
Old Feb 14th 2012, 6:47 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply helcat, I already did this in November and was told about how many applied and to be patient, they were pretty good and answered me within a week, just wish they could do the same with my application. These times everybody is quoting are they the times from the very first application or the second and final application? Thanks for your replies
Cheers
Old Feb 14th 2012, 8:29 am
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of

hi all, newbie here,

When you say you 'started visa process July 2010', what do you mean? It would be helpful to put a time line at the bottom of your posts (see mine and others). You do this by going into My Profile and the signature bit.

I posted my initial app Feb 26 2010, but didn't post my full app til Aug 2010. Was that the sort of thing you meant in your last post?

Regards,
Katie
Old Feb 14th 2012, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

and they still have 150k to process
Sorry i can't resist this...

Yes there are a few of us... about 150,000 actually

I think i may have ranted about this subject just a few times before
Old Feb 14th 2012, 5:38 pm
EOI Submitted 28.12.21

kellywalsh22 is an unknown quantity at this point

im in the same boat - - waiting and waiting - -

havent had the AOR - lets just wait and see what happens - hopefully soon
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:fingerscross ed:
Old Feb 14th 2012, 5:56 pm
Island life at last

Thanks for the reply helcat, I already did this in November and was told about how many applied and to be patient, they were pretty good and answered me within a week, just wish they could do the same with my application. These times everybody is quoting are they the times from the very first application or the second and final application? Thanks for your replies
Cheers
Originally Posted by misskatpaw
When you say you 'started visa process July 2010', what do you mean? It would be helpful to put a time line at the bottom of your posts (see mine and others). You do this by going into My Profile and the signature bit.

I posted my initial app Feb 26 2010, but didn't post my full app til Aug 2010. Was that the sort of thing you meant in your last post?

Regards,
Katie
If jaymat made his application in July 2010, (which is what I assumed to be the case from his first post) then he is Ministerial Instructions 2 just like us.

You and the 150000 others are MI1, who applied before the process was changed on June 26th 2010 (when the "list" was shortened).

As he applied after they changed the process, he will have submitted the entire pack to Sydney NS right at the start.
MI2 applicants did not therefore get an AOR from London and did not have any documents left to submit to the VO (except perhaps police checks) as CIO Sydney forward all the docs they received at the initial application to the VO when they are finished with them.

Our timeline of 17 months under MI2 as FSW Cat 2 is from sending the docs to CIO Sydney and then to receiving Confirmation of Permanent Residence back with our passports.

If I have misunderstood and he is MI1, then he is in with the backlog and I am not sure what he can expect.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 6:46 pm
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by helcat12
If jaymat made his application in July 2010, (which is what I assumed to be the case from his first post) then he is Ministerial Instructions 2 just like us.

You and the 150000 others are MI1, who applied before the process was changed on June 26th 2010 (when the "list" was shortened).

As he applied after they changed the process, he will have submitted the entire pack to Sydney NS right at the start.
MI2 applicants did not therefore get an AOR from London and did not have any documents left to submit to the VO (except perhaps police checks) as CIO Sydney forward all the docs they received at the initial application to the VO when they are finished with them.

Our timeline of 17 months under MI2 as FSW Cat 2 is from sending the docs to CIO Sydney and then to receiving Confirmation of Permanent Residence back with our passports.

If I have misunderstood and he is MI1, then he is in with the backlog and I am not sure what he can expect.
Cool, yeah, of course