Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Skilled and sponsorship applications at the same time?

Wikiposts

Skilled and sponsorship applications at the same time?

Old Apr 24th 2008, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

maleabs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skilled and sponsorship applications at the same time?

Dear there,

I applied for immigration to Canada at the skilled category and waiting now for an interview letter.

last january I got married to a canadian woman and I am willing to apply for a spouse sponsorship at the same time because it takes less time. so do you think it is legal and there will be no problem or interfere between the two applications.

for your information My application for SW was filled in Paris and I am willing to apply for sponsorship in cairo.

I am not interested in contunuing my SW application even after adding my canadian spouse.

Please I need your suggestions.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Skilled and sponsorship applications at the same time?

Please if someone has an idea please help me.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

Can I have two different applications (Skilled Worker and Sponsorship) processed at the same time in two different Embassies.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:42 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maleabs
Can I have two different applications (Skilled Worker and Sponsorship) processed at the same time in two different Embassies.
Hi maleabs, sorry I can't help but maybe if you direct your questions to Andrew he may be able to....good luck mrs 007
Old Apr 26th 2008, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future

Hello! As far as I am aware, you are allowed to have both applications in at the same time. I friend of mine who is Italian met her now Canadian husband 4 years ago; she came over to Canada and applied for the skilled worker visa which was to take about 3 - 4 years. She stayed in Canada and after a year of her SW application being in process she applied for spousal/common-law. She got PR through spousal before ever hearing back about SW application!!!

I don't see the problem with it, whichever comes first comes first - as long as you can prove you and your wife have lived together for 12 months at least, you'll be fine!! Apply outland for sure...much faster!!!

Hope this helps!!!
Old Apr 26th 2008, 8:13 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

You CANNOT have two PR applications running simultaneously. Sponsorship is usually much faster so that would be my recommendation. Cancel the skilled worker (unless you have already taken the medical and are awaiting the passport request) and have your spouse sponsor you. You will have to pay a second processing fee as the price though.
Old Apr 26th 2008, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for your reply,

If I cancel my PR application Can I get back my documents from the visa office.
Old Apr 26th 2008, 10:39 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Yes if they are originals or certified true copies. Just ask and explain what you are doing.