Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Skilled interview chnage of location

Skilled interview chnage of location

Old Feb 8th 2006, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

vandora is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skilled interview chnage of location

Hi
I am an Indian national who applied for migration under the skilled visa category. I now got sa call for interview to CHC new Delhi where my applicatin was lodged. But as i am currenlty in Sydney. i would like to know if i can have my interview in Sydney rather than makingthe trip back to India.
Secodly if it is possible to have the interview in Sydney, is it advisable to do so? what are the risks or advantages of having my case/interview transfee\rred to Sydney. Travelling to India isnt a problem. i just wanted to avioid the trip if possible.

Please let me know ASAP so i can do the needful.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 12:46 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skilled interview chnage of location

Hi

Originally Posted by vandora
Hi
I am an Indian national who applied for migration under the skilled visa category. I now got sa call for interview to CHC new Delhi where my applicatin was lodged. But as i am currenlty in Sydney. i would like to know if i can have my interview in Sydney rather than makingthe trip back to India.
Secodly if it is possible to have the interview in Sydney, is it advisable to do so? what are the risks or advantages of having my case/interview transfee\rred to Sydney. Travelling to India isnt a problem. i just wanted to avioid the trip if possible.

Please let me know ASAP so i can do the needful.
It is very very doubtful (99.9%)if they will transfer the interview to Sydney.
It is also unlikely that they would transfer the file to Sydney, if it was transferred, you could ask, you are probably looking at a very long delay in processing.

PMM
Old Feb 8th 2006, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

vandora is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Skilled interview chnage of location

Hi

Hi Thank you very much for your prompt reply. I will go to India for the interview. Will i need to inform the CHC authorities that i am currently in Australia? I am here on a Student visa and so am not a resident or anything. I would also like to know if it would be possible to get my course transferred to Canada incase my interview is succesful

Also i would like to know what kind of questions they ask for the interview. And since i hadnt originally put knowledge of French on my application wether having the basic french knowledge now will make any difference to my application. i am learning basic french here now.

Do they ask for medicals? i ahd done a medical test before comming to Sydney? Is the medicals for Student visa at Australia similar to the immigration medical test of CHC

Also since i will come to India specially for the interview. I need to know how many days i would have top spend in India. Can the CHC call for multiple interviews? Or will it be just a single interview. And how soon after the interview do they ask to do the medicals. Can i ask for the medicals to be done immediately so that i dont have to make a second trip just for medicals? is this advisable?

Originally Posted by PMM

PMM