Six months no date for interview!

Old Aug 4th 2005, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

SKBT8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Six months no date for interview!

It is now six months from the time my file was transferred from Buffalo to LA for an interview, I have not been given the date/time. Does any one know how long this will take?

_ __________________
Medical Decision 1

Security Decision 1

PSDEC 1

BDEC 14-01-2005
Old Aug 4th 2005, 6:36 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Six months no date for interview!

It takes anywhere from 5 to 12+ months under normal circumstances to have interview after file is received by interviewing visa post in US.

And circumstances are not normal as now pre-2002 cases re-entered processing, so we may expect that it will affect interview timelines as well.

Originally Posted by SKBT8
It is now six months from the time my file was transferred from Buffalo to LA for an interview, I have not been given the date/time. Does any one know how long this will take?

_ __________________
Medical Decision 1

Security Decision 1

PSDEC 1

BDEC 14-01-2005
Old Aug 4th 2005, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

SKBT8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
It takes anywhere from 5 to 12+ months under normal circumstances to have interview after file is received by interviewing visa post in US.

And circumstances are not normal as now pre-2002 cases re-entered processing, so we may expect that it will affect interview timelines as well.

Mr Miller,

Since the pre-2002 cases were re-entered for processing after March 14, 2005, when the Federal Court finalized the terms of settlement. By this time my file which was transferred in February of 2005 was already in the queue, Can I still be affected with the pre-2002 cases in terms of interview timelines ?

appreciate your input.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 8:55 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

First of all - even if not affected by pre-2002 cases your wait for interview is still within normal timeline for at least another 6 months

Second - once settlement cases are getting back into system all priorities change as government has the obligation to complete pre-2002 cases as per schedule outlined in settlement, thus highest priority is given to those cases. All other cases, regardless how long in queue have lower priority. And remember that those pre-2002 cases are in queue quite few years longer than your case already - they were sitting there frozen and now are open again and their dates are well before your dates.

Originally Posted by SKBT8
Mr Miller,

Since the pre-2002 cases were re-entered for processing after March 14, 2005, when the Federal Court finalized the terms of settlement. By this time my file which was transferred in February of 2005 was already in the queue, Can I still be affected with the pre-2002 cases in terms of interview timelines ?

appreciate your input.