SINP Help

Old Aug 1st 2013, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

pjones82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SINP Help

A colleague of mine recently moved from England with his wife and son, his son is over now 22 but the SINP gave him his own nomination for PR as he was 21 when they applied. He had to take English test etc prior to coming. On arrival the principle nominee (father) and his wife were issued Visas. Now the son was told he can not have a work visa but was issued a 2 year visitor visa. What situation does this leave his son in, as can he get a health card? he is listed as a dependent on the father application. The son wants to work and not be a dependent so he was happy when they gave him a nomination but he is not now a dependent if he is unable to get a work visa.

Any ideas?
Old Aug 1st 2013, 12:54 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SINP Help

Originally Posted by pjones82
A colleague of mine recently moved from England with his wife and son, his son is over now 22 but the SINP gave him his own nomination for PR as he was 21 when they applied. He had to take English test etc prior to coming. On arrival the principle nominee (father) and his wife were issued Visas. Now the son was told he can not have a work visa but was issued a 2 year visitor visa. What situation does this leave his son in, as can he get a health card? he is listed as a dependent on the father application. The son wants to work and not be a dependent so he was happy when they gave him a nomination but he is not now a dependent if he is unable to get a work visa.

Any ideas?
I don't really understand the 'gave him his own nomination' part.

If he was under 22 when they applied then he would be treated as a dependent and would continue to be so until PR - the age is locked in at the time of receipt of application.

Unfortunately, Saskatchewan don't have a pilot project for minor children to obtain open work permits.

If he wanted to get a work permit, presumably if he does have a separate nomination then he would need to have a job offer in order to get a support letter to enable him to obtain a TWP with no LMO requirement or else if he is still classed as a dependent he would need to find a company willing to go through the LMO process.

Hope that helps a little.

Old Aug 1st 2013, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

pjones82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SINP Help

Thank for the reply.

Once he has a job offer I assume he then sends it onto SINP and waits for a work permit support letter and yes he has his own nomination in his own right.