SINP - concerns

Old Jun 12th 2019, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

Stumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond repute
Default SINP - concerns

Hi there, I'm a few threads in here and i seem to get the majority of my answers from the same helpful people - so thank you!! I've just got a huge concern (granted timing couldn't be worse).

I fly out to Saskatoon in 36 hours to sit my trade exam, original plan was to go in via FST and live in BC, however we also quite like parts of Saskatchewan (theres pro's and cons to both which i could talk about for days). Saskatchewan had a PNP that was appealing in as much as it doesn't need a job offer to get over there, which is pretty damn hard to get (and potentially as I've been approved to sit my trade exams i would qualify under their occupation in demand section as eligible for the program now even if i failed the exam) - with my work experience currently dropping off for FST this was seen as possibly my fallback plan should i either fail my trade exam (semi likely given the issues with trying to study for an exam without the course material).

I posted a while back asking about points here, and was told that having 61 points would make me eligible for the program and that there was no bonus to having 80+ points.

https://britishexpats.com/forum/immi...stions-923980/

However reading an article on CICnews.com the other day, it states the following

An Expression of Interest details a candidate’s education, work experience, proficiency in English or French, among other factors, and awards them a score out of 100 points based on the information provided.

The highest-scoring candidates in both the Express Entry and Occupation In-Demand pools are invited to apply for a provincial nomination through regular draws.

The cut-off score in the June 6 draws was 75 for both sub-categories, which was a seven-point decrease from the previous invitation rounds held May 15.

So far in 2019, the SINP has issued 898 invitations to Express Entry candidates and 1,196 to Occupation In-Demand candidates.
Now reading that seems like there is a preference to those with higher scores and looking at those scores little chance of me getting accepted without a job offer or ties to Saskatchewan (given that language, qualifications, age, and work experience max out at 70) you would basically need either a job offer, family, or previous work in Saskatchewan to get in (and jiggling the scores - anything apart from being employed in one single NOC for the last 10 years, with a masters/doctorate, and being under 34 with great english (a situation which is rare especially given the time taken to get a masters/doctorate is 4+ years) would require a job offer, or family ties, as you only get 5 for past work or study in Canada)

Am i reading that right? If so do i need to cross Saskatchewan off the Plan B line, and start looking at moving Plan C up to Plan B?

I know earlier in the year they invited people in select occupations, then knocked the occupations of the list - as the year goes on do the points drop, do they do random draws for select occupations at much lower scores (hopefully 60)?

Thanks in advance - Can see my next post being "whats Manitoba like this time of year?"
Old Jun 13th 2019, 7:16 am

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SINP - concerns

The website you quote is not official - it's the website of an Immigration Consultant.. perhaps biased to draw in new clients

Your job is still on the 'In Demand" professions list - it was updated in May.
https://www.saskatchewan.ca/resident...ccupation-list

Better to check the official pages
https://www.saskatchewan.ca/resident...ker-eoi-system

I'm guessing but I wonder if the points spread of the LOI's of late is a reflection on the job titles that were invited.. I suspect that ones that include 'mechanc' would have a lower points threshold, much the same as FSW Trades does.

Calling Christmasoompa and Snowy for advice!

Good luck with the exam - you will do ok, have faith in your abilities and the years of experience.
Old Jun 13th 2019, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

Stumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie View Post
The website you quote is not official - it's the website of an Immigration Consultant.. perhaps biased to draw in new clients

Your job is still on the 'In Demand" professions list - it was updated in May.
https://www.saskatchewan.ca/resident...ccupation-list

Better to check the official pages
https://www.saskatchewan.ca/resident...ker-eoi-system

I'm guessing but I wonder if the points spread of the LOI's of late is a reflection on the job titles that were invited.. I suspect that ones that include 'mechanc' would have a lower points threshold, much the same as FSW Trades does.

Calling Christmasoompa and Snowy for advice!

Good luck with the exam - you will do ok, have faith in your abilities and the years of experience.

Thanks, thanks and thanks on all counts - I got they were an immigration consultant and everything they do will be with the eye of getting more folk through their door - but the scores alarmed me somewhat - I had never found the page with draws listed on - i had seen that the scores per draw fluctuated from previous news letters, but had also read that typically there would have some 60/61 point draws each year open to all jobs as they typically don't get the required numbers. to then see 2 numbers so high got me concerned.

I've got my fingers crossed for the exam, I'm sort of passing most practice tests i get, and given how outdated the tests seem i am hoping that the advent of technologies i am more familiar with will help out - but as with anything, unless you know everything - its luck of the draw as to which questions they ask.
Old Jun 13th 2019, 5:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stumpylegs View Post
I had never found the page with draws listed on - i had seen that the scores per draw fluctuated from previous news letters, but had also read that typically there would have some 60/61 point draws each year open to all jobs as they typically don't get the required numbers. to then see 2 numbers so high got me concerned.
The previous draws are here - https://www.saskatchewan.ca/resident...ker-eoi-system

You'll see that there have been quite a few draws at the 60/61 point level.

HTH.