Wikiposts

SINP Border Crossing..

Old Oct 25th 2012, 5:21 am
Collector of Junk!

missieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud of
Default SINP Border Crossing..

I know this has probably been answered a million times.. but here goes anyway.

OH has entered on ALMO, and our SINP nomination has come through.. we're still here but heading out now..

With the nomination letter from SINP, I assume that I can enter at POE and get visa based on this letter, or does OH have to flagpole and activate the SINP Nomination Letter and then me after him???

Txxxxxx
Old Oct 26th 2012, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

Duckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really nice
Default Re: SINP Border Crossing..

If OH has an ALMO, then can't you get a spousal open work permit? (SOWP..)

PNP(SINP) nomination just lets you apply for PR on that basis, it doesn't automatically give you a work permit while it's being processed.

To get a work permit while your PR is being processed on the basis of provincial nomination, you need a "Work Permit Support Letter". The format of this letter is specified on the last page of the Foreign Worker Manual (FW1) - so if you've got one that looks like that, you're fine.
Old Oct 27th 2012, 2:32 am
Collector of Junk!

missieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Duckman
If OH has an ALMO, then can't you get a spousal open work permit? (SOWP..)

PNP(SINP) nomination just lets you apply for PR on that basis, it doesn't automatically give you a work permit while it's being processed.

To get a work permit while your PR is being processed on the basis of provincial nomination, you need a "Work Permit Support Letter". The format of this letter is specified on the last page of the Foreign Worker Manual (FW1) - so if you've got one that looks like that, you're fine.
Yeah, I've got that letter, it came with the 3 emails with the PNP nomination. It was more that I wanted to get the SOWP in case I have to work, but, more importantly, if things dont go well for OH in his job, that he is not relying on the ALMO, but on a TWP issued which allows him to move jobs, if he needs to (or if they dont like him after the 3 months). Obviously, there is no indiciation that this is the case, however, its just more security for us. I just didn't know if he had to leave and let the nomination letter take affect over the ALMO before we arrived, as I want to activate the Nomination Letter as per above!!.. any ideas?
Old Oct 27th 2012, 3:02 am
Forum Regular

Duckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really nice

Your husband could change to a TWP based on PNP nomination instead of ALMO, and he'll probably get a year on a new one, but it would still be tied to the current employer, and since you got the ALMO one only a few weeks ago, it's probably not worth changing it...

I've seen posts on here (like this one) that suggest that if OH loses his job for some reason not of his own causing that some PNP offices are ok with moving the nomination to another position, but generally you are expected to remain in the position used for nomination at least until you get PR.

I assume that you're a UK citizen currently in Canada as a visitor with the standard 180 day entry permit? Did you arrive separately to your husband?

For you - assuming the above, flagpole with your husband and get a SOWP based on his already active ALMO based TWP.