Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

a SINGLE POLICE CAUTION OF SHOPLIFTING/THEFT OF 40.40 POUNDS -NEED CANADA VISITORVISA

Wikiposts

a SINGLE POLICE CAUTION OF SHOPLIFTING/THEFT OF 40.40 POUNDS -NEED CANADA VISITORVISA

Old Apr 26th 2011, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

admissiblebrit will become famous soon enough
Default Re: a SINGLE POLICE CAUTION OF SHOPLIFTING/THEFT OF 40.40 POUNDS -NEED CANADA VISITOR

I have no problem admitting my culpability in my crime, but when the Judge at crown court questions the Police's conduct what does that tell you?

Another chap at my university was charged with Murder due to the Police's questionable investigation. That was thrown out of court, turns out it was 2 smackheads that killed the guy. Poor guy only went to the police station to give a statement of seeing the guy on the night he was murdered, next thing he's in the dock. It only got to day 2 of the court session and the prosecution had to concede there was no way he couldve murdered the guy. And the judge gave the cops a proper reaming in court (through the prosecution) And do you know how long these cases take to even get to court? So this guy had this hanging over his head for a good year.

I'm always bemused when people assume that because there's strict rules...theyre always followed
Old Apr 26th 2011, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

admissiblebrit will become famous soon enough
Default Re: a SINGLE POLICE CAUTION OF SHOPLIFTING/THEFT OF 40.40 POUNDS -NEED CANADA VISITOR

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
If only he'd listen to the kids from Grange Hill...Just Say No!

I have to say, im with you. I know some of the police are crooks, but Ive never put myself into a position of displeasing them so therefore they have only ever been helpful when Ive needed them.

lns
I have absolutley no shame in my past, i was growing up i did my testing learnt my limits along the way. Never caused pain or injury or suffering to anyone. Am honest about my experiences. Bottom line is we can only recount experiences that are true to our lives. This isnt a hate campaign against the police its an experience.

Bottom line is i learnt from my mistakes, do i hold a grudge? absolutley not, they were doing their job, but the simple fact is they will do whatever they can within the limits of the law (and sometimes outside the limits) to obtain a result. The fact that a Judge finds their methods questionable says alot to me, i'd say he has more experience dealing with the police than any of us.

And then at the end of it all, i'm here in Canada, i have PR, citizenship soon i have a good job that has me travelling all over Canada so i have gotten to see it end to end.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 10:00 am
Just Joined

crying is an unknown quantity at this point

I have to say, im with you. I know some of the police are crooks, but Ive never put myself into a position of displeasing them so therefore they have only ever been helpful when Ive needed them.

lns
thank you all for reply....its unfortunate event ...i am innocent and victim of the system police is really ruining life of innocent ppl... i was extreamly scrared when saw small matter going out of proportion and police told me if you keep solicitor it would take more time ...caution is nothing but jsut dont do it again message...but in reallity they have ruined my innocent life ... I have faith in GOD ...i am crying and praying every other minute to got to get me out of this trouble...there is no huminity in ppl dont even bother to listen and delibrately put you in situation where you have no choice they do you brain polise like if you accept it you can get out soon and dont even tell the implications....i know now i am helpless cant do anything ...victim of situation and dont have choice but to live with it....its really bad of uk police and that security guy ...i am helpless and less educated about the law hence they have ruined my life....i pray GOD to give me courage to face thsi
Old Apr 28th 2011, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

crying is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=crying;9318002]I
Old Apr 28th 2011, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice

lns
Zammo?
Old Apr 28th 2011, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MapleSauce
Zammo?
yeh!!! couldnt remember his name!
Old Apr 29th 2011, 2:18 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Waggle
If your country has an embassy here in London you might be able to contact them.

Wayne.
Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
This is the section on the CIC website you need to look at , although I'm not sure if a caution counts as a conviction.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ns/rehabil.asp

also read this thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=647159
Originally Posted by admissiblebrit
A cuation is NOT a conviction, it is an admission of guilt. Only a court of law can render a conviction. Under the ROA 1974 a caution is considered spent as soon as it is given. Canada immigration recognise the UK ROA and thus this will not render you inadmissible to canada. Declare it on your application, or at a POE but a caution alone is not enough reason to render you inadmissible to Canada.
Originally Posted by crying
thank you all for reply....its unfortunate event ...i am innocent and victim of the system police is really ruining life of innocent ppl... i was extreamly scrared when saw small matter going out of proportion and police told me if you keep solicitor it would take more time ...caution is nothing but jsut dont do it again message...but in reallity they have ruined my innocent life ... I have faith in GOD ...i am crying and praying every other minute to got to get me out of this trouble...there is no huminity in ppl dont even bother to listen and delibrately put you in situation where you have no choice they do you brain polise like if you accept it you can get out soon and dont even tell the implications....i know now i am helpless cant do anything ...victim of situation and dont have choice but to live with it....its really bad of uk police and that security guy ...i am helpless and less educated about the law hence they have ruined my life....i pray GOD to give me courage to face thsi
Sorry you are still upset about this. Sounds harsh, but its pointless now going over the past, cos it's done and you cant undo what has happened (even if it's unfair in your eyes).
You have been given alot of info above about your situation , have you looked at any of it yet?
lns
Old Apr 30th 2011, 10:21 am
Just Joined

Jonka is a splendid one to beholdJonka is a splendid one to beholdJonka is a splendid one to beholdJonka is a splendid one to beholdJonka is a splendid one to beholdJonka is a splendid one to beholdJonka is a splendid one to beholdJonka is a splendid one to beholdJonka is a splendid one to beholdJonka is a splendid one to beholdJonka is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by crying
I am crying really need help...i am ashian right now staying in london on work permit my age is 32 and have decent job and education, dut to one unfortunate event i recently got police caution - of shoplifting/theft 40.40 pounds. all my life i have never been in such trouble i went with intent to exchange of cloths but did not like other option so i bought few new one and when i was coming back security staff asked me to show the receit i showed him recipt as i did not had receipt of 2 cloths which i went for exchange-as store posses policy that for exchange receipt is not required. when i was trying to explain him he got angry and called police even i tried to explain police but as he called police , police considered him true and gave me caution- but no panelty.in uk police caution are not considered criminal convictions but they keep such things on police record. its like warning dont do it again from police. though i was innocent but did not had courage and fight i accepted caution as i !
wanted to get out of the matter.
please advice is this mean i am inaddisible to canada. or i will be able to get visa as this considered as minor offence and my past is clean.

I want visitor visa can i get that for canada I AM NOT ABLE TO SLEEP THAN I AM INTO DEPRESSION PLS ADVICE CAN I GET VISITOR VISA FOR CANADA
I dont understand ... you want to "settel" in Canada .. but you are worried about your VISITOR Visa