Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Single, 35yrs old Male, Looking to Move to Canada in the next 6-12 Months

Single, 35yrs old Male, Looking to Move to Canada in the next 6-12 Months

Old Jul 23rd 2015, 2:37 pm
BCK
Just Joined

BCK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Single, 35yrs old Male, Looking to Move to Canada in the next 6-12 Months

Good Moring/Afternoon to you all,

I have noticed whilst researching on this forum that you guys like posts to be detailed but brief. I will do my best be both.

I am 34 yrs old English Male. Currently live in Sydney Australia (able to apply for Australian PR in November ’15). Been here 3 years. I am moving to Malaysia with work for 6-12 months (probably in September).

Whilst living in Sydney I was in a relationship with a Canadian. She has since moved back home and the relationship has ended. We had discussed moving back together so I briefly looked into it (thinking more on the lines it will be easier to sort work and visa’s etc when I am in Canada with her).

I have done the test online to see if I am eligible. With my trade (plumbing/construction management) and everything else, I do qualify for the Express Entry. Having read these forums, it seems I need a minimum of 460 points. From my calculations, I only come out with 331 points at best. My score includes 120 Education, Max points Language, Max points foreign work experience.

Do any of you know how I can improve my score without being married/ have a job offer?

Also, is there a way (that I haven’t found yet), that I can work in Canada to earn a PN offer?

I am looking to settle in Alberta ( I have a thing for lakes and mountains).

Thanks for taking the time to read. Any advice will be much appreciated.
Old Jul 24th 2015, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Journeyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Single, 35yrs old Male, Looking to Move to Canada in the next 6-12 Months

In the absence of any other reply here's my take
Things are cooling off here in Alberta and with Oil price being low & the NDP coming to power growth will be retarded, but that said your best (only expedited) route would be TFWP if that still exists as the program has attracted lots of negative publicity i would suggest you put a resume together and send it out to potential employers along with your cover letter stating status/intent. If your trade is in high demand I'm sure you will get a sponsor who is willing to go through the LMO process.
Old Jul 25th 2015, 7:51 am
BCK
Just Joined

BCK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Single, 35yrs old Male, Looking to Move to Canada in the next 6-12 Months

Thank you very much for your response Journeyman Electrician. It is very much appreciated. I did think about sending my CV out to potential employees but after reading on here I was put off by the lack of response people seemed to have with this result. After you saying that though I guess it can't hurt to try. I am aiming to set things up whilst in Malaysia so hopefully by the time my work over there is complete I can have the opportunity to come to Canada. Can I ask, with you user name, I'm assuming you have done the red seal test for your trade? Is it as hard as people make out? I know I'm different being a plumber but that was easy to achieve in the UK if you studied. From what I read on here people are failing the tests even with proper study! How much does the test cost if you don't mind my asking?