Wikiposts

SIN card

Old Oct 31st 2006, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

Griff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud of
Default SIN card

Hi can any one advise me how long it generally takes to acquire SIN card if applied for in person in British Columbia (Greater Vancouver)
Thanks
Elaine
Old Oct 31st 2006, 8:59 am
Just Joined

solatic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SIN card

Originally Posted by Griff
Hi can any one advise me how long it generally takes to acquire SIN card if applied for in person in British Columbia (Greater Vancouver)
Thanks
Elaine
Mine took about four weeks for a renewal back in January [through the HRSDC office at Main & 10th]. I'd imagine a new card would be around the same time.
Old Oct 31st 2006, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

Griff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud of
Smile Re: SIN card

Originally Posted by solatic
Mine took about four weeks for a renewal back in January [through the HRSDC office at Main & 10th]. I'd imagine a new card would be around the same time.

Oh, thanks for that, was hoping it would be quicker! (Should be learning the art of patience by now!)
Old Oct 31st 2006, 10:16 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, thanks for that, was hoping it would be quicker! (Should be learning the art of patience by now!)
They should give you a temporary sin card, till the other one turns up. Thats what they did with us in september, it took 3 wks for the other one to arrive.
Old Oct 31st 2006, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

We were given our number straight away on a print out and the actual card came through exactly a week later.
Old Oct 31st 2006, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

traceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jempee
We were given our number straight away on a print out and the actual card came through exactly a week later.
We just arrived in Vancouver 3 weeks ago. My husband hhd come out a month earlier and did the SIN application then. He was given his number immediately, and was able to put in an application on my behalf (although he couldn't get my number). The cards took about 2 and a half weeks to arrive after that.

Good luck!
Tracey
Old Oct 31st 2006, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by traceyparker1
We just arrived in Vancouver 3 weeks ago. My husband hhd come out a month earlier and did the SIN application then. He was given his number immediately, and was able to put in an application on my behalf (although he couldn't get my number). The cards took about 2 and a half weeks to arrive after that.

Good luck!
Tracey
Thanks to all who have responded, when you say that you are issued your number straight away does this mean that this number is what you can present to your employer (my understanding from service Canada web site is that you have to present SIN 'card'to employer within 3 days of commencement date). I suppose what I am saying is do you have to have the card in your hands before you can commence employment?

Tracey, How are you enjoying Vancouver so far - what area are you in?

thanks everyone
Elaine
Old Nov 1st 2006, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

zigspider is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to all who have responded, when you say that you are issued your number straight away does this mean that this number is what you can present to your employer (my understanding from service Canada web site is that you have to present SIN 'card'to employer within 3 days of commencement date). I suppose what I am saying is do you have to have the card in your hands before you can commence employment?

Elaine
The number is the SIN. It's the number that you need to give to employer. Both myself and my wife showed our printouts.

Jerry
Old Nov 1st 2006, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

traceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by zigspider
The number is the SIN. It's the number that you need to give to employer. Both myself and my wife showed our printouts.

Jerry
Yup, the number is what the employer needs not the card. The card is a useful form of ID when you first get here as it has your name, etc., but we haven't needed it for anything else so far.

I am loving being in Vancouver. We are renting an apartment in the Europa building (just outside of Chinatown). There are one or two shady areas, but overall, I love it there - fantastic views of the ocean, seaplanes, mountains, and Pan Pacific place. We have now been here exactly 3 weeks and I have already been offered a job - haven't even really started looking seriously, just putting out resumes to places that look interesting. Next step is to buy our own place, but we are seriously overwhelmed by the high prices and HUGE (35%) downpayment required...

Good luck!
Tracey
Old Nov 1st 2006, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by zigspider

Jerry
Thanks Jerry
information appreciated
Elaine
Old Nov 15th 2006, 9:59 pm
Whistle a happy toon.....

dsquared has much to be proud ofdsquared has much to be proud ofdsquared has much to be proud ofdsquared has much to be proud ofdsquared has much to be proud ofdsquared has much to be proud ofdsquared has much to be proud ofdsquared has much to be proud ofdsquared has much to be proud ofdsquared has much to be proud ofdsquared has much to be proud of

Hi there - wonder if you can help on a related matter: How do you apply for the card?

Do you have to wait until you land (we're landing on 6th December) or can you apply in advance?

Many thanks
Old Nov 15th 2006, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dsquared
Hi there - wonder if you can help on a related matter: How do you apply for the card?

Do you have to wait until you land (we're landing on 6th December) or can you apply in advance?

Many thanks
You can only apply for your card once you have landed.
There is loads of info on this subject, just search the forum and all your questions will be answered in one go
Old Nov 15th 2006, 11:15 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks
Hi when you Land you will be given some paper work to take with you, when you go for your sin.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 12:27 am
Whistle a happy toon.....

dsquared has much to be proud ofdsquared has much to be proud ofdsquared has much to be proud ofdsquared has much to be proud ofdsquared has much to be proud ofdsquared has much to be proud ofdsquared has much to be proud ofdsquared has much to be proud ofdsquared has much to be proud ofdsquared has much to be proud ofdsquared has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sans
Hi when you Land you will be given some paper work to take with you, when you go for your sin.
Thanks so much for your quick reply. When you say: go for your SIN - where do you need to go?
Old Nov 16th 2006, 12:35 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Thanks so much for your quick reply. When you say: go for your SIN - where do you need to go?

Human Resource Centre

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.